New 2025 Fox fork lineup

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
FOX_Fork_2025_GRIPX_GRIPX2_Test_Review_ENDURO_WEB_Res-3214.jpg

It's time for some fresh bike bling. Fox have released a new series of forks featuring the new Grip X and Grip X2 dampers as a replacement for their Grip 2 and Fit 4 damping units. As a plus, they offer a limited edition of exactly 1974 forks not only with Kashima coated stanchions, but completely in gold finish. Looks cool imo. I guess the limited golden forks will be sold out faster than one can say 1,2,3 ...
I found more about the new lineup in the Enduro mag... (I'm not affiliated, just found out about those last night browsing YouTube).

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
@Rob Rides EMTB I'm surprised you didn't ask the Fox team about the constant issues with 36's and 38's coming from the factor with too much grease and performing horribly out of the box. Can you reach out to your contact for comments on that?

Also, given that the lowers, uppers and air spring/air shaft haven't changed, can you ask if the Grip X2 cartridge can be retrofitted into a previous 36 or 38? I would think so, but would be good to confirm.

Thanks.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
@Rob Rides EMTB I'm surprised you didn't ask the Fox team about the constant issues with 36's and 38's coming from the factor with too much grease and performing horribly out of the box. Can you reach out to your contact for comments on that?

Also, given that the lowers, uppers and air spring/air shaft haven't changed, can you ask if the Grip X2 cartridge can be retrofitted into a previous 36 or 38? I would think so, but would be good to confirm.

Thanks.
I chatted with TF Tuned this morning about the X2 cartridge, it’s a direct replacement for the current grip 2 cartridge. It’s expensive though, they’re saying £450 for the 38 version. I’d rather get a custom tune done, it’s cheaper and would probably have better results than what your average non-suspension tuning person would be able to get out the new cartridge.

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I would never put anything on my car that was gold…. Same for my bike, sorry, I’m not a pimp.
LOL!...while I feel the same way to some degree, as I understand it that gold model is some kind of limited edition or such...probably an introductory bling kind of thing. Supposedly the usual colors will be the mainstream fork choices.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
LOL!...while I feel the same way to some degree, as I understand it that gold model is some kind of limited edition or such...probably an introductory bling kind of thing. Supposedly the usual colors will be the mainstream fork choices.
Same as when the 38s came out, they had the limited edition pistachio colour. My mate has a set of those lowers that have never been used, he swapped them out for black back when he first got his 38. He’s been offered pretty crazy money for them but won’t sell them.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I chatted with TF Tuned this morning about the X2 cartridge, it’s a direct replacement for the current grip 2 cartridge. It’s expensive though, they’re saying £450 for the 38 version. I’d rather get a custom tune done, it’s cheaper and would probably have better results than what your average non-suspension tuning person would be able to get out the new cartridge.

There's some interesting tech that will be coming out soon to enable "regular humans" to optimize suspension tune (within the limits of the hardware in the fork/shock of course). Much better than ShockWiz. Should be announced at Sea Otter in a little over a week. Stay tuned!

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK

Thanks.
According to Pinkbike and e-mountainbike they're backwards compatible.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
FOX_Fork_2025_GRIPX_GRIPX2_Test_Review_ENDURO_WEB_Res-3214.jpg

It's time for some fresh bike bling. Fox have released a new series of forks featuring the new Grip X and Grip X2 dampers as a replacement for their Grip 2 and Fit 4 damping units. As a plus, they offer a limited edition of exactly 1974 forks not only with Kashima coated stanchions, but completely in gold finish. Looks cool imo. I guess the limited golden forks will be sold out faster than one can say 1,2,3 ...
I found more about the new lineup in the Enduro mag... (I'm not affiliated, just found out about those last night browsing YouTube).
And yet availability here in THE UK seems to be ZERO but on sites such as Jenson USA and Worldwidecyclery all options, including gold are readily available, frustrating at best.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
And then the second part of the question - have they fixed the factory overgreasing issue on the air side?
In reply to the second part,nothing is mentioned, plus I doubt Fox would openly admit there has been an issue, given that they will no longer be manufacturing Grip 2 I doubt any of us will get an honest answer, here's hoping they have remedied the issue on their new generation line-up.

mmcengineer

Jan 3, 2022
Sheffield
And yet availability here in THE UK seems to be ZERO but on sites such as Jenson USA and Worldwidecyclery all options, including gold are readily available, frustrating at best.
Well as we are in 2024 you wouldnt expect to see a 2025 product ....oh but wait this is the bike industry where it will be on sale at 50 percent off and will have price shagged its 2023/4 products at retailers

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
In reply to the second part,nothing is mentioned, plus I doubt Fox would openly admit there has been an issue, given that they will no longer be manufacturing Grip 2 I doubt any of us will get an honest answer, here's hoping they have remedied the issue on their new generation line-up.

The grease issue isn't on the damper side, so a switch to the Grip X2 won't make a difference. It would be a change to the air spring side of the fork (and perhaps a redesign of how the negative chamber equalizes and how air in the lowers can be vented). I would love to see more factory works with an air/coil hybrid.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
The grease issue isn't on the damper side, so a switch to the Grip X2 won't make a difference. It would be a change to the air spring side of the fork (and perhaps a redesign of how the negative chamber equalizes and how air in the lowers can be vented). I would love to see more factory works with an air/coil hybrid.
It could make a difference if they have remedied a previous issue, the fact that they have never acknowledged an issue could mean there was never an issue, given the amount of units produced I guess the odd lemon slips through, how was the chamber vented pre vent valves if at all or have the vent valves simply over complicated how it works or end user expectations, whatever the reasons and future expectations they are where they are and still pretty much class leading for the price.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
to my eye the gold looks horrible
I'd never buy Gold anything, Fox, Rockshox, Ohlins, whatever. Gold is what bling marketing luvvies bung on stuff to persuade the gullible that something with Gold is somehow superior to the non-Gold alternative and therefore should cost more. YMMV.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
I'd never buy Gold anything, Fox, Rockshox, Ohlins, whatever. Gold is what bling marketing luvvies bung on stuff to persuade the gullible that something with Gold is somehow superior to the non-Gold alternative and therefore should cost more. YMMV.
The point of Fox releasing limited edition gold forks is that gold signifies their 50th anniversary, as for Kashima coated stanchions, motorsport used that idea way before Fox used it on MTB forks.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Don't faf about buying a new ser of forks
Just up grade your forks with the x2 damper if you like fox products
After all there's other After market damping you can turn too

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Don't faf about buying a new ser of forks
Just up grade your forks with the x2 damper if you like fox products
After all there's other After market damping you can turn too
I agree but aftermarket third party options can void your warranty, Fox aren't stupid, I imagine it will be a while before the new dampers are available for currently available forks and I imagine that when they are they will be priced artificially high.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I agree but aftermarket third party options can void your warranty, Fox aren't stupid, I imagine it will be a while before the new dampers are available for currently available forks and I imagine that when they are they will be priced artificially high.
Artificially high just like the Gold versions. My point exactly.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Artificially high just like the Gold versions. My point exactly.
They will be maximising their R&D development as all companies do they're simply improving their current offering, listening to the video of Jordi, Fox's World Cup suspension guru, he answers all questions with open honesty about what the new valve brings across the range and how not everyone will benefit from it, Grip 2 and Fit 4 will no longer be produced, the new valve system, in his own words is really difficult to set it up wrong meaning more people will understand and use the various settings be it In a race or recreational purpose, for one will be buying a new 38 X2 when available as my current 38 on my Yeti 160e is battered after 2 years of wear and tear, punctured stanchion and dented uppers, heavy crash in Morzine at Easter, and yes, they will have Kashima coating.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Pricing is already available, at least in the US anyway. They’re the same price as the current grip 2 damper.

X2 is $380-$450
X is $320-$340

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Pricing is already available, at least in the US anyway. They’re the same price as the current grip 2 damper.

X2 is $380-$450
X is $320-$340

I just spoke with Fox - availability isn't until late July/early August however.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
I just spoke with Fox - availability isn't until late July/early August however.
Thanks for the update and information, they are however wrong, Silverfish, UK Distributor received stock yesterday and my new 38's arrived today, stock still available in both colourways at Silverfish-uk.com
Cheers

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Thanks for the update and information, they are however wrong, Silverfish, UK Distributor received stock yesterday and my new 38's arrived today, stock still available in both colourways at Silverfish-uk.com
Cheers
Yep…my buddy already has stock in his tiny shop too. He was trying to sell me the gold ones🤣😂

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Cheers

I was referring to the cartridge, not the fork. I already have a couple 38's and 36's and no interest in a new fork. Just the Grip X2 cartridge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles