Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
E4DAED0F-D801-4826-9B80-BD1397FCD150.jpeg

Never ever

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Which motor is that? I worry about the shitty British trails doing damage to the drive but I wouldn’t jet wash mine. Out of interest are you the type of person who has to have your bike looking mint as much as possible?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Which motor is that? I worry about the shitty British trails doing damage to the drive but I wouldn’t jet wash mine. Out of interest are you the type of person who has to have your bike looking mint as much as possible?
It’s a first Gen 1.2 motor out of a 2016 Levo.
I am a Levo dealer and this particular customer complaint was that the motor was noisy.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
How serviceable is the Brose?

I spent a lot of time looking in to servicing/maintaining the Bosch CX, and now they've released the DIY (or LBS) main bearing kit, I trust that I'll be able to keep it going for longer.

If water ingress is a thing on the Brose, apart from avoiding jet washing, what can you do in the longer term?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
How serviceable is the Brose?

I spent a lot of time looking in to servicing/maintaining the Bosch CX, and now they've released the DIY (or LBS) main bearing kit, I trust that I'll be able to keep it going for longer.

If water ingress is a thing on the Brose, apart from avoiding jet washing, what can you do in the longer term?
This is the first time I have seen water and dirt inside a Brose motor. So I don’t think it’s a common problem. I only shared this photograph as a warning to Forum members who power/jet wash their bikes.
While this motor still runs, it’s being replaced. I could replace the bearings, seals, belt and clean it completely out, but it’s not worth the time or cost.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles