Need a quick favor from any Rise owner

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Hey guys, I’m away on business and want to order a roll of frame protection tape for my new rise. Would someone please measure the width of their down tube, so I can get a roll that is close to the width? I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 3”….would ask my wife, but I trust you all more. Thanks!

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
I used the 3” on my Rise and it just starts to wrap around the side. Great fit. See pic.

09E89772-18A8-463D-B87F-05342FDD0A6F.png

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Hey guys, I’m away on business and want to order a roll of frame protection tape for my new rise. Would someone please measure the width of their down tube, so I can get a roll that is close to the width? I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 3”….would ask my wife, but I trust you all more. Thanks!
Have you thought about one of these Fitchecker | Will Frameguard Fit My Bike? | Rockstop. Getting my new Rise in a day or so and remember how often the down tube of my Cube was hit and that has a slightly cushioned battery cover.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Have you thought about one of these Fitchecker | Will Frameguard Fit My Bike? | Rockstop. Getting my new Rise in a day or so and remember how often the down tube of my Cube was hit and that has a slightly cushioned battery cover.
I have, and I like the protection that it offers, but I'm a little torn between fashion and function and don't like how obvious it is and how it covers part of the Orbea logo. I'd like it to look a bit more discreet, that's why I'm leaning towards something more like a 2mm clear frame protector tape.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Perfect!! Thanks Chicane
This is specifically what I bought. Yes it’s pricey, but it only comes in 30’ at 3”. I used the 1 1/2” on other frames in the past. The 3” is a little thicker and both can be removed without leaving any sticky residue. Either way, it’s best to apply with a baby shampoo mixed with water application like Invisiframe uses. The link won’t show up?

7AEC19FA-8230-414A-9686-6D281E2FFFF6.png

Last edited:

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
This is specifically what I bought. Yes it’s pricey, but it only comes in 30’ at 3”. I used the 1 1/2” on other frames in the past. The 3” is a little thicker and both can be removed without leaving any sticky residue. Either way, it’s best to apply with a baby shampoo mixed with water application like Invisiframe uses. The link won’t show up?

View attachment 73184
Excellent, I was looking at the exact same stuff on Amazon!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles