NeBD. Incoming Rise #2

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading

Well kinda, but now we've got 2.

The lad has been using ours a fair bit to maximise laps and ride time, so we've got the wife's Liv Embolden e+ for sale next week which will fund some of it.

Rise1.jpg

It seems I get this one and the wife and boy get the orange one as he hates the purple.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Love the colour too. I'd go as far to say I prefer it to the blue/coal combo I have and that's nice.

Love my M10...

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Looks like that comes with the EP6 instead of EP8. Glad my old M20 came with EP8, all the parts I was swapping over anyway

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Looks like that comes with the EP6 instead of EP8. Glad my old M20 came with EP8, all the parts I was swapping over anyway

Oh, interesting.. it DOES seem to come with the EP6..

Can anyone tell me the differences ? Or more importantly if the EP6 is an 'avoid' type motor ?

I know a lot of people are Shimano haters in the motor, so try and keep that side out of it, it's more a EP6 comparison with the EP8RS i'd like please.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
First proper ride on the bike and apart from the horrible saddle, it's all sweet.
Couple of clicks faster on the rebound than I first set it. But that's about all I changed. I'll probably add 10psi to the shock and slow rebound 1 click as I think it's sitting a big low.
The Code R work sweetly and the motor is deffo quieter on this revision compared to the orange one.

I may rotate the bars forward fractionally but that's about it.

Well, that and removing the Burgtec Cloud saddle and either swap it for the one on the orange bike, or one out of spares.

IMG_20240409_153159 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
catching the morning sunshine
IMG_20240410_082328 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

IMG_20240410_083648 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

trails are 99% lovely at the moment, properly nice. Weirdly at times the purple one doesn't feel like it rolls as fast as the orange... i'm going to have to take the orange one out in a back to back test as i've checked all the power settings but weirdly, it's just not quite rolling in the same way. It could be the sticky conditions as some trails are a bit draggy.

Entonox

Nov 24, 2022
West Yorkshire
Under warranty I went from an EP8-RS to an EP801-RS on a Rise H30 (I received a new frame and full gen2 setup).

My initial impressions (which could be just my imagination) was that the EP801 felt quite different from the EP8.

More overrun in Trail setting
More torque at low cadence
Less power at very high cadence

I know Shimano updated the power and profile of the EP801 but don't know how that translates to use in the Rise.

I don't have access to another Rise EP8 to compare back to back so I'm interested in your findings and thoughts of the EP6.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Mine feels like the cut-out even when you stop pedalling for a second is harder than the EP8RS, so if you stop pedalling you get more resistance on the EP6. Although like i say, i need to back-to-back them both a little bit. Which i may get a chance to do tomorrow. It's deffo quieter though that's for sure.
I have just stuck a Continental Kryptotal DH super soft on which i've recently taken of my lads DH bike as it had a slash in it from Dyfi, not a terrible one, but one that i wouldn't trust for National DH races for sure. So it may as well go on mine :)

The orange bike is running Magic Marys front and rear.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
trails are 99% lovely at the moment, properly nice. Weirdly at times the purple one doesn't feel like it rolls as fast as the orange ...
Was also surprised today how quickly the trails have dried out.

And were both bikes running on the same tyres at the same pressures?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
It'll be due to the supersoft compound tyres on the bike that's slower rolling.

Assuming there's no brake drag, or issue with the wheels, or other faults.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
The Supersoft only went on today, it had the Rekon maxterra that was on the front as standard, running on the back. Along with the Hillbilly on the front.
The Conti Kryptotal actually rolls better than you'd expect

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles