NA Availability

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
NA = Not available in North America, lol and sad face.
Just got the dreaded email:

To our valued customers -
We regret to inform you that we are facing an unprecedented situation in the bike industry that is unfortunately impacting the arrival of your pre-ordered bike.
In an effort of transparency and for your understanding, here is the situation we are experiencing:
1. Due to the COVID pandemic and the resulting increase in bike demand, supply chain is under pressure and lead times are lengthening.
2. Export overseas, import into the country, and transportation within the United States is heavily congested and therefore unpredictable.
This unfortunately means we can’t guarantee a July delivery of your bike. At this moment in time, we are foreseeing an August delivery.
We sincerely apologize for the impact on any riding plans you may have planned. We are working on getting you or your loved one riding a Commencal ASAP!
We are comfortable in saying your bike will be shipping towards you by the end of August and are actively working to shorten these lead times. Trust us, we want these bikes in your hands just as badly as you do. It’s just a matter of time.
We are waiting for your bike to land in the United States before we communicate a firm availability date. We will reach out to you as soon as we have more specific ETAs.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
Cheers,
The Commencal USA team

Stiggy_rider

Feb 4, 2021
Cali
Which model? I was going to get a signature SX but once I saw the price increase and date move I decided on a ride version knowing I will just upgrade what I don't like. Originally the site said May, ordered on a weekend received a call monday saying my bike was shipping out and should have it by the end of the week.

HRDROKN

Jan 1, 2021
Nor-Cal
I'm a bit confused on how this is all working..... case in point, I ordered a medium SX Signature 27.5 late December for a June pre-order and got the call yesterday to confirm shipping details. That evening I received tracking info from Fedex. That's like 3-4 months earlier than expected to California?

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
It looks like the SX is not as impacted as the 29. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can change my to an SX.
A few weeks ago I inquired about swapping to the ohlins version of the 29 but they informed me that ohlins is having additional supply problems and that those delivery dates might get pushed back as well.

Stiggy_rider

Feb 4, 2021
Cali
I'm a bit confused on how this is all working..... case in point, I ordered a medium SX Signature 27.5 late December for a June pre-order and got the call yesterday to confirm shipping details. That evening I received tracking info from Fedex. That's like 3-4 months earlier than expected to California?
This was my shock too... mine said May and thought great this will be my Bday gift and I will spread out my upgrade purchases till then. Guess I cant complain it was 3-4 months early

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
I know it's a long shot but I called in and swapped my order from a power 29 to the SX Signature.
I have a patience problem and waiting late august (at the earliest) was not going to happen.
New expected day is June, obviously hoping for sooner. ?

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
Just called in to check on my June date SX. Ive been in touch with them every couple of weeks and we were on track until today. My June bike has now been impacted and now wont be here until late August, maybe.
Cancelled order.
Now I have to find something else and also going to have to try to return the ridewrap kit, xt crankarms, and galfer brake pads I had ordered in anticipation. :poop:

zawinkzy

May 14, 2021
CA
Just called in to check on my June date SX. Ive been in touch with them every couple of weeks and we were on track until today. My June bike has now been impacted and now wont be here until late August, maybe.
Cancelled order.
Now I have to find something els aend also going to have to try to return the ridewrap kit, xt crankarms, and galfer brake pads I had ordered in anticipation. :poop:

Ouch. Looks like supply chain is crazy everywhere. The semiconductor shortage probably doesn't help either. Huge lead times currently for microcontrollers.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
For the last few weeks I thought "July", got excited when I saw "June" yesterday, but "September" now. I don't blame Commencal - they would give us the bikes if they could. I am a little aggrieved however that they have all of my money, and not simply a deposit.

If you cancel now, and order a bike elsewhere, surely you'll be at the back of the line and have an ever longer wait?

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
I found an Orbea Wild somewhat locally. My LBS did have some but not the spec I wanted. Placed the order last night and it should be here early next week.
Fwiw, my 100% refund from Commencal appeared this morning.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I found an Orbea Wild somewhat locally. My LBS did have some but not the spec I wanted. Placed the order last night and it should be here early next week.
Fwiw, my 100% refund from Commencal appeared this morning.
Glad to hear. Enjoy. First ebike? If so - you’re going to be in for a treat :)

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Nice of them to update everyone. Its understandable and helps to be in the loop.
Orbea wild looks sweet. I hear good things on their CS, and bosch would be my top choice.
Checking the thread ,after reading the title, thinking i might see more N American options. Its funny i dont see anything about Husqavarna or Ktm on the forum. Husky is being sold in N america and the bikes look really well specced and a killer deal. 180/180 27.5 bike w ep8 and 160/160 29 w ep8 and more models. Pretty dialed, couldnt find the geo chart though. Might be the best priced emtb ive found.
Not sure if the ktm's are sold in N america but 170/180 mullet, bosch equipped bike is something id be all over, especially if theyre priced like the husky

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
I really wanted a Husky earlier this year but i couldn't locate a dealer in the USA. Found a few potential ones in Canada though but the bikes hadn't arrived. KTM is not shipping to NA.
Screenshot_20210528-150501.png

Attachments

• Offroad.pdf
    8.2 MB · Views: 300

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thanks. No glaringly bad numbers there. Id probably just slacken the HA with a works headset and call it done.
The only reason i know there available is because my east coast canadian hometown has a moto shop that is selling them. Not sure if they have their stock yet but they were plannig to by now. I was taken by the price and specc. Before i got my miranda 160mm cranks i was going to try and get some cranks from that shop/husky. All the bikes come stpck w 160 cranks for shimano motors

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles