My Wild FS LTD custom, my humble thoughts….

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
I was sold on the close to perfect suspension platform. The numbers of leverage ratio, anti squat y anti rise are one of the best in the industry. The BB drop of 30 mm is also perfect. That was on paper but on the trails is even more impressive. I chosen the DHX2 coil shock because the progression of the leverage ratio is perfect for coil.

But there are a few details of the bike I did not like and I try to solve that: the reach is 2015 short. I’m 174 cm tall and went for the 455 mm reach of the Large frame.
The 65,5 HT angle is also a puzzle for my. Why they went this path? My reasoning is that the Wild was the lone full suspension e-bike of Orbea on 2019 so they “trail adapted” this obvious enduro bike for a wider customer’s liking. This is now solved with the Rise of course (my wife bike), and if you check the numbers of this bike you will see the overlapping geo numbers (with a 450 mm reach in size M, as it should be).

So, I rise the travel of the 38 fork to 180 mm, that give me a 64,5 HT angle. The super low bb drop let me rise 6 mm of the bb and be still on the safe side. I put a 50 mm stem so I can compensate the longer front center. The Fizik ”eBike” seat is too wide for enduro, so I interchanged with the Rise seat. I had the carbon Reserve Wheels, the AXS drivetrain and dropper post and the M7 Magura brakes with HC3 levers that I love. Magic Mary on front and Hans Dampf rear, 2.6 both. Rhental cockpit also. All the parts went to my wife M10 Rise, so now is kind of Team now.
08B8F232-5A64-41CD-9042-682EF22F969B.jpeg
EE2F15AD-6CFA-46E0-BDB6-446C4CEFDCF1.jpeg
8408EFF1-3D0A-47E4-9705-0B2B540DA5ED.jpeg

And that’s it. My dream bike. Impressed with this bike and how capable is with a suspension platform from heaven.

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
Looks like you are also using it IN Heaven! Boy, you must get some altitude in Chile! :cool:
Thanks! Chile is just one big mountain. Here in Santiago there’s an amazing network of trails and bike parks. After 4 years living here I haven’t known all of them. Come to Chile!

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
You could try using an angleset to slacken the head angle by 2 degrees.

I have used one of these (Slackerizer Angle Headset - 2 Degree - UK Made - Superstar Components ) on my wild fs . It takes the HA down to 63.5, lowers the BB by a few mm, increases the reach by a few mm, and increases the seat angle slightly.

Thread about it here (82) Angleset on an Orbea wild FS? - EMTB Forums

Hi, I thought about it but 63,5 Is too much, also I wanted more travel on the fork so it would have slaked the HT angle even more, also to low the bb on an already very low bb bike felt wrong. but thank you for the input, appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles