My wife got me a skydio for my birthday...Here's the first trail ride with some buddies

GrantMeThePower

Feb 1, 2021
USA
Just sharing. The drone is pretty rad. This was a really easy local trail (our friend was out riding for the first time in like 25 years so we kept it simple).

As for the bikes, I'm riding a trek rail 7, one friend is on a 2019 Haibike allmtn 3.0, another on the 2020 allmtn 2.0 and another on a 2019 Giant E-Trance

EDIT-oh yeah, the name lol. That's what our group chat thread is called and is (hopefully obviously) a play on the biker gang Hell's Angels. Hope there is no offense taken its just silly

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Just sharing. The drone is pretty rad. This was a really easy local trail (our friend was out riding for the first time in like 25 years so we kept it simple).

As for the bikes, I'm riding a trek rail 7, one friend is on a 2019 Haibike allmtn 3.0, another on the 2020 allmtn 2.0 and another on a 2019 Giant E-Trance

EDIT-oh yeah, the name lol. That's what our group chat thread is called and is (hopefully obviously) a play on the biker gang Hell's Angels. Hope there is no offense taken its just silly

Sick!!!!!! @GrantMeThePower ?
I've heard of these drones so I'll be sure to look into them myself.

Blakey

Sep 9, 2020
Mid Sussex, UK
Looks awesome. Only about 30 minutes flying time though? How do you deal with that on the trails? Keep the drone in your pack a lot of the time?

GrantMeThePower

Feb 1, 2021
USA
Looks awesome. Only about 30 minutes flying time though? How do you deal with that on the trails? Keep the drone in your pack a lot of the time?

She got me the “sports pack” and it came with two extra batteries-a total of three. That’s nearly an hour and a half.

to be honest though, it’s too much haha. I think I’ll only ever bring one or two. I guess it depends on what you want to do with the footage. But cutting it all down to the 13 min video I posted took a while and it was still too long for most people to watch the whole thing. Most videos will have to be around 3 minutes to keep people’s interest.

as far as changing the batteries go-it couldn’t be easier. It just attaches with a really strong magnet and snaps in and out.

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
Don't forget to read the fine print, this is for US residents only, not for export. Lots of tech in there.

"We currently only sell and ship to the US (excluding US territories) and Canada, but hope to expand to other countries soon. Skydio 2 is not currently certified for use outside of the US and Canada."

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles