My Meta Leaning on Stuff

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Took the Meta out for the first ride today. Adjusted cockpit, handlebars, etc on easier trails for an hour to get used to the bike. Then headed for the blacks. No better place for a first ride than Whistler.

It's definitely a "big" medium (well bigger than the Decoy), but I like it a lot.

Anyway, let's see your Meta's leaning on stuff!

IMG_6599.jpg
IMG_6606.jpg

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
My Meta Power Team leaning on stuff :) Love the bike. I got now have 1600KM in total on it which is around 1000 Miles. The only issues I have had, are the ones I created. By the way, cannot fault Commencal on Customer Support topics, they are just next level amazing.

Last week had a ride with a friend of mine, which is also a mechanic for Specialized here in Portugal. He noticed some sounds coming from my rear mech, which I never really hear as I ride with music on(mostly alone). It appears Commencal mounted the original chain from a 50T cassette, and not a 52T cassette. So the chain was a bit to short, called them, send some pics. Brand new chain is on its way as we speak.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 10.36.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 10.37.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-19 at 09.35.27.jpeg

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Took the Meta out for the first ride today. Adjusted cockpit, handlebars, etc on easier trails for an hour to get used to the bike. Then headed for the blacks. No better place for a first ride than Whistler.

It's definitely a "big" medium (well bigger than the Decoy), but I like it a lot.

View attachment 66876 View attachment 66877
Random question, are ebikes widely accepted in the Sea to Sky region of BC yet?

There are definitely still plenty of haters down here (SF Bay Area and Santa Cruz, CA), but considering some rides I go on I see more ebikes than normal bikes, I think they are here to stay and people are just going to have to get used to it.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Random question, are ebikes widely accepted in the Sea to Sky region of BC yet?

There are definitely still plenty of haters down here (SF Bay Area and Santa Cruz, CA), but considering some rides I go on I see more ebikes than normal bikes, I think they are here to stay and people are just going to have to get used to it.
Yes everywhere no problem. Actually seem to be encouraged around Squamish - see ebikes everywhere around there. Riding in Whistler/Blackcomb on Sunday I did hear a few curse words as I passed folks on analog bikes on particularly long gruelling climbs :)

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Good ride today. 25 miles, 5800’ of elevation gain (40km/1767m). Half way through I had a scare, and my ebike stopped working. I could turn it on, but the screen would go black and I’d lose all power the second I started to pedal. Hiked with the bike for a while, until I realized the di2 cable just pulled out from the display. Best news all day, was dreading pulling the motor and going through it piece by piece trying to diagnose the issue like I have with other ebikes.
9C0B90B0-83C0-4168-BD1E-C7366A04E9FD.jpeg

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle

View attachment 66876 View attachment 66877
What reasons made you change from the YT decoy to the meta power?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
New silver bridge has been built on one of our trails. Had to take a photo of the new silver bike next to it.

This owl also flew over my head this evening and was kind enough to take a break in a nearby tree so I could take a photo.

IMG_6965.jpg
IMG_6970.jpg
IMG_6971.jpg
IMG_6972.jpg
IMG_6973.jpg

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Did a big ol’ night ride this morning. My friend Derek is trying to do an Everest ride on his stumpy. (Climb 29,000’ elevation gain in 1 ride). So we joined him on ebikes for the first 10k mostly at night. Meta felt great on the super rough descent we were doing. Cannot imagine what it will be like for him 15+ hours in.
9F55D79D-F97F-49AD-BF7D-13CD5CF2FBB2.jpeg

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
I did the same and it was mainly for: More travel, bigger battery, EP8 motor, and better geo that suited the riding I like to do. Do regret it in any way.
I just picked up a 2021 Kenevo expert instead of a yt decoy or meta power. Bigger travel and battery for the win!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles