My Levo Comp! :) And some Hickups ?! :S

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
Hi,

i finally got mine 2 weeks ago!
Still got the loud motor though :( waiting for specialized to send a new one.

20190723_181022.jpg

I think im gonna swap back to some black grips, the odin/troy lee design grips are too much.
Also gonna get a 2nd rockshoxx front fender for the back, since the color matches perfectly - the mucky nutz ins the back, not so much :D

When i stand on the pedals and give it relatively (not maximum!) high power, the cranks spin free for a few cm and a blink of a second - just to go back to normal again. whole process gives a extremly loud crack/bang noise. first i thought the chain hops over the teeth on high power, but its unlikely since the bike is pretty new.

So im thinking maybe the freehub ? But also ... the bike is new, why should it be faulty ?! :/

Or maybe its the freehub inside the motor ?

What can i do, to narrow it down ? Problem occurs regardless of gear and in the power modes: eco/trail/turbo ... i do not recall having the problem when motor is turned off, but i have to verify that.

Sorry for my very bad english! i hope u guys still understand what im sayin!

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
why ? :O if they can fix it, its ok - i dont have to pay it

but for the freespin problem, i dont even know where it comes from ... maybe ill just bring it to the shop tomorrow :/

@Edit: I also wrote specialized an e-mail, explaining my situation and asking for a little compensation - maybe a jersey or something.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
You spent a lot of money on a product. it should work.

In UK a product has to be "fit for purpose" or you can send it back for a refund.

Sounds like yours isn't.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
I'd guess slipping in the drivetrain on a new bike is the freehub - I'd get it back to the shop and have them ride it so they can feel it.

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
I'd guess slipping in the drivetrain on a new bike is the freehub - I'd get it back to the shop and have them ride it so they can feel it.

will do that!

That ABUS lock will damage your paintwork in no time!

dunno where else to put it. some rubber on the contact points should be enough to protect the paintjob right ?

I guess that's not helping him feel any better, is it?

thats correct :D

ill keep you guys updated on how this goes.

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
At a new bike I would insist to get a new motor, that should sort the freehub Problem.

My opinion for the lock: I got an Abus Bordo Granit and had the same plan, to mount it anywhere on the frame. I tried a few places, only one I would take the lock on a trail is when you screw it where the bottle cage is.
but it will rattle. Loud.

after all - this is no bike I would lock on anywhere unattended, so I’m using a small cable lock so you can’t just jump on and drive away,
you can go a little safer with every step you take (weight), but imo -if you can’t open it by hand without a tool it should be enough.
if somebody wants to steal it and got tools (battery angle grinder/ flex) for that purpose the small lock takes 1 sec while your monster lock might resist 10.

depending on where you lock it (and live) it just Have to be seen from the wrong person and in minutes there will be a van parking next to your bike and loading it in.

i once had to open my Abus bordo 6000 at work as the key got lost. if you put pressure On and got nice tools no problem in under 10 seconds.

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
At a new bike I would insist to get a new motor, that should sort the freehub Problem.

why u think its the motor ?

i once had to open my Abus bordo 6000 at work as the key got lost. if you put pressure On and got nice tools no problem in under 10 seconds.

i have to use it because of insurance. if they steal it while im using the bordo, im good.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Hopefully you get these issues sorted.

Sticking a lock on a premium full suspension EMTB is a bit like putting a roof rack on a 911 ?

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
For safety reasons i never have a lock in the trails. It is a weapon waiting to hurt someone, often the rider. Where i enter the trails i will lock it then take it back when i exit.

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
Hopefully you get these issues sorted.

thx ... looks bad though :(

For safety reasons i never have a lock in the trails. It is a weapon waiting to hurt someone, often the rider. Where i enter the trails i will lock it then take it back when i exit.

thats a good idea!

i was at the shop today. they said it was a not correctly adjusted derailleur.
first it thought its gone, but after 10km .. i pedaled little harder while standing and it happened again :( ill just keep bringing it in, until they fix that s....

also sent an email to specialized, asking how it takes 3 weeks for a motor to be sent :(
if i would not be leasing this bike, i would give it back immediately and get another one, maybe from a brand who does actually care just a tiny bit :(

so sad :(

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
You really need the bordo for the insurance?
my insurance got some locks listed, but any for more than 50€ is suited.

if so - get a heavily overpriced, light lock or sth like a disc brake lock with a cable, will be much more compact, lighter and does not rattle at the smallest vibrations...

BNX

Jun 28, 2019
ger
Just wanted to give an Update here.

The Motor got fixed, i can barely hear it now! :)
I also removed the Bordo - when i commute ill just put it in my backpack. On trails ill just leave it at home.

Also the back cassette got swapped to an Shimano steel cassette, on which i can swap the smaller chainrings seperately for a few bucks. I can kick in the pedals with full power now, super awesome!!! =D

Also for compensation, i received a little gift from specialized SBCU =) It contained...
Ergo XC grips
Swat Tool
Specialized Jersey
Specialized Polo
Specialized T-Shirt

So now im pretty happy with the bike :)

68300316_10155995543407126_4601133756227518464_o.jpg

69134452_2651512174900223_4463137273050824704_n.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles