Featured My eBike Journal

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
One thing I like about the 15.5mph cut off is that I actually exercise quite hard and use the the cut off as a kind of cadence meter of sorts lol... If I'm hitting 16mph then I'm exercising well.
I always wear a HRM and I sit in my "zone" a lot of the time riding the eBike and the beauty is I can back off if it all gets too much lol.. Since Monday I've covered 112 miles.. I'd never have done that on my Organic bike... (one of the 16 mile rides was on my BMC).

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
I had a Tacx Flow T2240 for a while until the BT started playing up. It's widely cited as the best of the budget trainers but either mine never worked properly or there is a massive step up to true two-way smart trainers.
I found it phenomenally boring though, so make sure you've got a TV set up as well as a fan. Very noisy too.
haha yeah.. I stole the 48" from the living room and put it in my shed convincing the Mrs we needed a new one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Cyclops does power, cadence, speed, elevations etc.. very clever bit of kit. I might get bored of it but loving it at the moment and great for when you just can't get out but want to ride :)

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
Put these on last night...

IMG_4243.JPG

I'm mainly using the eBike for commutes at present with not a lot of serious off road, so fitted some Schwalbe Energizer tires.
God damn pain in the arse to fit, real tight..
IMG_4244.JPG

Much nicer ride lol and certainly faster than the massive Maxxis knobblies.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Are those 27.5"?

It's tempting to fit a set of slicks to a spare wheelset to ride to work.
I actually have an almost brand new spare set of E13 wheels unfortunately they're not boost axle spacing :/

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
29er's... they actually feel great on the road.. just done 32 miles on them first half dry and second half biblical rain and they felt sweet up to 42 mph

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
Are those 27.5"?

It's tempting to fit a set of slicks to a spare wheelset to ride to work.
I actually have an almost brand new spare set of E13 wheels unfortunately they're not boost axle spacing :/

Got a pair of DT Swiss from my Vitus that haven’t been ridden ?

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
I kinda want to buy some slicker tires and try them on to see how it feels. Your bike look pretty neat like that, I dig it a lot!
I don't know how you can commute and not getting annoyed by the 25km/h cutoff. I needed to tune mine asap for that kind of usage. I don't mind for trails tho.
Good job on getting the forks you paid for. Your coils forks aren't bad at all but I think you'll be delighted by the XCR 32 air. I know I'd be :eek:

Keep up the journal I'm reading it!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles