• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

My 2022 levo won't turn on

disko

Nov 26, 2023
Hungary
Hi. My 2022 levo won't turn on after 3-4 hours turning off. If I try it 1-2 hours after use, it turns on. After 3-4 hours, it only turns on if I pull out and put back the charging connector cover. Other than that everything works perfectly. Does anyone have an idea?
Thx
Disko

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
Hi,

You could try recharging the TCU top tube display. There is a charge port under a rubber cover on the underside of the TCU. Could be that you have an issue with TCU holding charge

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
Mine's just had the cable replaced that connects the battery to the bike. It was covered under warranty and is apparently quite a common issue.

It started by not turning on occasionally to then completely nothing.

disko

Nov 26, 2023
Hungary
Hi,

You could try recharging the TCU top tube display. There is a charge port under a rubber cover on the underside of the TCU. Could be that you have an issue with TCU holding charge
What kind of charger should I use? Mine is not mastermind tcu. I change the 1620 battery.

Last edited:

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
Didn't this error occur with older models?
Not sure. Mines a gen 3 and has recently had a new battery under warranty and then 2 weeks later it wouldn't turn on and they have replaced the battery connector cable. They tried a different tcu whilst I was in the shop and still nothing as that's what they first thought it might be. If you've got warranty just get it to the shop as specialized warranty is great!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
the problem with the original gen 2 Levo battery to motor cable was that it was too stiff and the contortions it had to endure specifically at the motor end plus the inevitable vibrations when the bike was on rough ground, either pulled the outer sheath away from the plug or cracked the plug housing.....either allowing water ingress to the plug. A replacement cable was made available which really only consisted of the outer sheath being removed for a bout half the length of the cable and small white zip ties used to seal the sheath at both plug ends. That did seem to fix the issue.

That was introduced a bout 2020!! It is an easy job to remove that cable and inspect it for damage/water ingress.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hi. My 2022 levo won't turn on after 3-4 hours turning off. If I try it 1-2 hours after use, it turns on. After 3-4 hours, it only turns on if I pull out and put back the charging connector cover. Other than that everything works perfectly. Does anyone have an idea?
Thx
Disko
Take it off from both sides dry out overnight in house .Worth checking the motor ports for corrosion when you take plug out mine was green . I was told to work plug in and out but be gentle they are piddly little pins. Seemingly the corrosion comes from the heat inside . . I had to plug and unplug the charging cable about five or six times to get it to come on , it always switchedoff no problemthough. . Got a cable from Berkshire on warranty he told me to replace the TCU to motor one as well . Mine was a 19 levo. The battery to motor cable in on Version 4 I believe I'm on my fourth one all warranty jobs. Fourth version seems better at keeping water out but that was also replaced . Good luck

Last edited:

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Thx
Disko
Disko,

Which style battery charging cover door does your Levo have?

My 2022 Levo came with the older style, solid plastic hinge type charging door. I was fearful of the door falling off, so I upgraded to the newer style spring operated door. Everything seem to work fine for the first month or so. However, after a while I began to have issues with my Levo not turning on. I'd have to unplug the power cord and re-insert it back into the connection port. The problem seemed to get worse with time.

I researched the matter via eMTB forum and discovered there were other Levo owners who had a similar issue. The problem appears to be a variation in the thickness of the molded plastic on some of the charging cover doors. If the plastic is too thick, it will prevent the power cord from inserting full depth into the battery's connection port. Interestingly, not all of the doors have this issue.

I still had my original solid plastic hinge type charging cover door. I re-installed it back onto my Levo and I no longer have an issue with my bike not turning on.

If your 2022 Levo has the older style cover door, then disregard my post. The issue which I've discussed only occurs with the newer style spring hinge operated door. I hope your sort the problem out.

Here's an eMTB forum posting from a Levo owner who describes how he used a chisel to shave/remove a small amount of plastic from the door cover in order to fix the issue. I've attached a picture to describe where the material needs to be removed.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 09.43.30.jpg

disko

Nov 26, 2023
Hungary
Take it off from both sides dry out overnight in house .Worth checking the motor ports for corrosion when you take plug out mine was green . I was told to work plug in and out but be gentle they are piddly little pins. Seemingly the corrosion comes from the heat inside . . I had to plug and unplug the charging cable about five or six times to get it to come on , it always switchedoff no problemthough. . Got a cable from Berkshire on warranty he told me to replace the TCU to motor one as well . Mine was a 19 levo. The battery to motor cable in on Version 4 I believe I'm on my fourth one all warranty jobs. Fourth version seems better at keeping water out but that was also replaced . Good luck
Thx. I try it.

disko

Nov 26, 2023
Hungary
Disko,

Which style battery charging cover door does your Levo have?

My 2022 Levo came with the older style, solid plastic hinge type charging door. I was fearful of the door falling off, so I upgraded to the newer style spring operated door. Everything seem to work fine for the first month or so. However, after a while I began to have issues with my Levo not turning on. I'd have to unplug the power cord and re-insert it back into the connection port. The problem seemed to get worse with time.

I researched the matter via eMTB forum and discovered there were other Levo owners who had a similar issue. The problem appears to be a variation in the thickness of the molded plastic on some of the charging cover doors. If the plastic is too thick, it will prevent the power cord from inserting full depth into the battery's connection port. Interestingly, not all of the doors have this issue.

I still had my original solid plastic hinge type charging cover door. I re-installed it back onto my Levo and I no longer have an issue with my bike not turning on.

If your 2022 Levo has the older style cover door, then disregard my post. The issue which I've discussed only occurs with the newer style spring hinge operated door. I hope your sort the problem out.

Here's an eMTB forum posting from a Levo owner who describes how he used a chisel to shave/remove a small amount of plastic from the door cover in order to fix the issue. I've attached a picture to describe where the material needs to be removed.

View attachment 130135
Thx. I try it.

disko

Nov 26, 2023
Hungary
Thx
Disko
Problem solved. I tried everything you advised but the problem was not solved. I surprised myself with a Speedfun Rebelle chip for Christmas. The chip is connected to the cable between the tcu and the engine. I installed it and the problem disappeared. At the same time, another problem was solved. Driving on a bumpy shaky road there was a disturbing knocking noise. It was probably caused by the cable connector in the top tube. Now that I installed the chip, the space is tighter, so it can't move and rattle.

Happy new year

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles