Levo Gen 2 Mullet Setup Mismatched rims?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Because each wheel is predominantly doing a different job and incurring different forces/loads

Interesting Gary .
I have a 35 mm ID 27.5 rim on the back of my Levo and the stock Roval 30 ? mm ID 29 er on the front .
Bigger ID allows 2.6 tyres to have a flatter foot print and less side wall pucker .

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
The stock Roval rears are like card board .
Flat spotted and creased the rim more than once . Now have the hub laced to a Giant E bike rim . Cheap and proletariat .
I haven't hurt a Roval rim - it's the guts I've blown up twice. Did kill a Stan's rim. Currently running a DT Swill 240S and WTB HTZ but have some Hunt wheels coming .....

francesco_16

Mar 29, 2021
colombia
Because each wheel is predominantly doing a different job and incurring different forces/loads
Hi, I just got a Levo, and wanto to change it to mullet setup in the short term, Looking at Stan´s EX3 rims for both Front and Rear with some hope pro 4 hubs, any recommendations, looks like you really know the stuff. Thanks

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hi, I just got a Levo, and wanto to change it to mullet setup in the short term, Looking at Stan´s EX3 rims for both Front and Rear with some hope pro 4 hubs, any recommendations, looks like you really know the stuff. Thanks
sounds absolutely fine as an all round reasonably durable wheelset.
I guess you mean off the shelf rather than hand-built.
What you weigh, where and how do you ride is the first consideration to take into account when choosing a wheelset so just be honest with yourself and your needs.

francesco_16

Mar 29, 2021
colombia
sounds absolutely fine as an all round reasonably durable wheelset.
I guess you mean off the shelf rather than hand-built.
What you weigh, where and how do you ride is the first consideration to take into account when choosing a wheelset so just be honest with yourself and your needs.
I weight aprox 165, mostly enduro and downhill oriented (not like rampage). I,m looking at hand-built with some hope pro 4 hubs and sapim race spokes. Taking all of this in consideration, will you go with this set of wheels or maybe something lighter in the front?? What do you think???

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No I wouldn't bother going with a lighter rim or spokes for the front. A 29" wheel is weaker than a 27.5 with like for like build and components and if Enduro is your thing reliability is worth way more than a 60g weight saving.

Don't be tempted to have your builder use Alu nipples.
I'd plain refuse.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
By all means run a lighter casing tyre upfront though.. If your terrain and riding style can get away with it.

francesco_16

Mar 29, 2021
colombia
No I wouldn't bother going with a lighter rim or spokes for the front. A 29" wheel is weaker than a 27.5 with like for like build and components and if Enduro is your thing reliability is worth way more than a 60g weight saving.

Don't be tempted to have your builder use Alu nipples.
I'd plain refuse.
Hi, finally I could get my hands on some hope pro 4 hubs and Flow EX3 rims, any recomendations on what spokes should I use for this mullet setup?? was thinking of sapim race, but not really sure what to do. Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles