Levo Gen 3 Moving TCU cable to the left side

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
I have just ordered the axs Reverb and my plan is to tidy up the front end on my Levo, my TCU cable is currently routed through the right hand side along with the dropper post cable, is it possible with the Levo Alloy 2022 frame to route the TCU cable through the left side with the rear brake cable pretty much the same as the S-works?

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
If you have a look on Levo.s posts, there is something usefull for sure.

Answer is Yes, you can

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Does it not just disconnect from the tcu then pull it through the frame port on the right side and reinstall ith through the left hand side 🤟🤟

Screenshot_20230412-124316.png

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Hiya mate, only just getting round to switiching the cable to the left but im having a real issue getting the cable/socket through the plastic bit that the cables go through and which the screw fits through, its to big to fit through and i cant make the end of the plastic part wide enough?
I am honestly dredful at things like this and advise would be greatly recieved

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Post a pic. You have to remove the cable guide from the frame, it has a slot in the end that allows you to push the controller cable though without having to force the connector through the hole.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
What cable is that? Dropper post?
If you have a wired dropper, then you can’t run the rear brake down that side.

I’ll take pics in the week when I have my hands on the bike

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
If you push that black plastic back towards the rear of the bike, you should see it has an open end that you can push the cable through, then you can pull the cable out of the frame hole.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
If you push that black plastic back towards the rear of the bike, you should see it has an open end that you can push the cable through, then you can pull the cable out of the frame hole.
I've tried mate and no matter how hard I push it back I can't get the cable through the end

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
You may also find it easier with the forks removed. I think you can then get your fingers in there to bend the cable guide back.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Following this thread. To the OP, were you able to resolve your issue? I wanted to move the TCU cable to the left side as well.
Unfortunately not, taking it to my local shop on my next day off, it would be really easy and like a 2 min job if it was not for a rubbish design of the section you need to get the cable through.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
You may also find it easier with the forks removed. I think you can then get your fingers in there to bend the cable guide back.
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help.
Took the forks of but did not make it any easier, for what ever reason its not possible to get the cable through without risking damaging the cable.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Hi mate, i got it done at long last, also had both brake cables shortened slightly.
Really cleans up the front end. My friend is making me a blank to cover the unused side using a 3D print

20230630_185435.jpg

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Why didn't you put the brake line and TCU cable thru on the RHS?
Makes more sense putting it through the LHS, looks cleaner and less distance for tcu and brake cable, sending it through the RHS means more cable which defeats the object of the excercise 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles