Mouse

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
I read some time ago, on here some peoples experiences with mouse, but cant find anything during a search. Can anyone recommend a good one that will seal a slash and fit a presta valve? Hopefully small enough to fit in my back pack without taking up too much space.
Cheers.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Had to read that twice and still can't get the image of someone trying to plug tyre rips with a little rodent out my head.

assume you meant to say "Mousse"?

sorry. Haven't ever used a tyre mousse, just sealant but i wouldn't expect any liquid form sealant to be able to plug a proper rip. Best course of action is to sew the rip with fishing line then patch the tyre from the inside (Automotive patches are good for this) and lastly superglue/shoegoo over the stitching.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Yes mousse.
I was looking for something I could take with me for on the trail repairs. I have used stans race and muc off and both times they failed, so was thinking I could inject mousse to continue the ride and worry about it, when I got home.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I just carry a tube and tyre boot for those situations and deal wih the ripped tyre at home

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
patch the tyre from the inside (Automotive patches are good for this) and lastly superglue/shoegoo over the stitching.

Are these patches called Radial tyre patches? Jus tdid a search and that's what I found.
Probably answered my own question really but just want to check.
Incidentally, I just started a thread about whether tubeless are worth it or not.
Cheers

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I saw a video recently of someone using something called GUP tyre sealant - it seemed to inflate the tyre and fill it with some kind of foam.

Here, it was this video at about 12:20

Seems to be on Amazon UK:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Are these patches called Radial tyre patches? Jus tdid a search and that's what I found.
Probably answered my own question really but just want to check.
Incidentally, I just started a thread about whether tubeless are worth it or not.
Cheers
Yeah, I've seen them called that. they come in various sizes and shapes. Ebay has them in quantities of 5 or 6 for a couple of quid if you've no descent car parts places local.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
This will work for a sidewall tear to keep a tube from bulging out
1188922d1521709873t-whats-your-pack-tf-pk7060-3.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles