Motor servicing companies

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Hey all,

Ive seen (facebook spamming my feed) places offering motor servicing / maintenance / repair.

Has anyone used places like these to get their, out of warranty, motor looked at?

I have an E8000 on a commute bike thats a little loud and think it could do with a clean and regrease. Keen to try myself but time and a clean space to do the work are limited so considering having someone else look at it, who has the experience and tools to replace any bearings or whatever it may need.

Im in the UK and www.e-motorrepairs.co.uk was one of the ones ive seen, also seen a few european places offering refurbished motors.

Keen to hear anyones experiences.
Thanks,
Rich.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
The bearing guy, ebike motor centre would get my vote.

I've not used his services myself yet but he's on the forum and helped a lot of people out.
Not sure if he works on Shimano motors though, you'd have to contact him to find out.

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Surprised motor maintenance isnt a bigger thing, especially given how prevalent suspension servicing is and while thats an obvious preformance improvement, suspension generally doesnt wear out of break anything like as frequent as motors seem to.

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Great to see people have good recommendations.

Would prefer it if you'd recommended someone who could actually look at my SHIMANO motor, but you cant win them all ;) (Bearing man doesnt seem to look at Shimano)

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Great to see people have good recommendations.

Would prefer it if you'd recommended someone who could actually look at my SHIMANO motor, but you cant win them all ;) (Bearing man doesnt seem to look at Shimano)
It is sad but true! All the other manufacturers have helped and supported us in someway, but Shimano and their supplier in the UK, Madisons, will not even speak to us! Such a shame when so many customers need help outside of warranty. We used to overhaul Shimano and we still support these motors with bearings and parts if we can get them. But, if we touch the motor we put a warranty on our work, so if the dreaded E010 code shows up within 12 months of us touching it, we were left holding the baby so to speak.
Maybe if enough Shimano motor owners were to complain to Madison and tell them there is a good company willing to help if you would just speak to them, then we could help everyone!

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Hello everyone, I have been a user of two ebike SHIMANO Steps DU E8000 for 6 years, in the first I have more than 30,000 km and in the second 23,000 km. Luckily 0 problems, but I read in the forums that nobody repairs these engines, that there are no parts for sale, etc ... I met Andrzej Wodejszo by chance I bought him a backup DU-E8000, he served me brilliantly and I wanted to share my experience in this forum.
That's all

bde9a52c5db41fed69d7b627e952a85c~2.jpg IMG_20230603_110735~2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles