Levo Gen 2 Motor not disengaging?

Turbo Mike

Jun 29, 2021
Phoenix, Arizona
Has anyone experienced the motor continues to assist even after pedaling has stopped? I have to pedal backward to disengage. Is there a cleaning and lubrication needed or a Mission Control Setting? Thanks for the advice!

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
Is there a maintenance item to clean and relube bearing and sprags occasionally. Any recommendations on the lube type? TIA.
Hi Mike, there is no maintenance recommended by Specialized and driping lube of any kind into the crankshafts is not a good idea. I had one of my motors rebuilt by Performance Line Bearings (www.ebikemotorcentre.com) and they added external x-ring seals which I have found work really well at keeping moisture and dirt out of the motor. About every 6 months I remove those and clean and grease them. If your motor is out of warranty I definately consider getting it rebuilt by them. I'm very happy with mine. Cheers Brian

Turbo Mike

Jun 29, 2021
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi Mike, there is no maintenance recommended by Specialized and driping lube of any kind into the crankshafts is not a good idea. I had one of my motors rebuilt by Performance Line Bearings (www.ebikemotorcentre.com) and they added external x-ring seals which I have found work really well at keeping moisture and dirt out of the motor. About every 6 months I remove those and clean and grease them. If your motor is out of warranty I definately consider getting it rebuilt by them. I'm very happy with mine. Cheers Brian
Thanks. It would clearly need to be disassembled for any maintenance. One rebuild group I reached out to said it could be the shaft needle bearing.
I’m here in AZ and water ingress is not an issue. However “fine AZ road dirt” could be worse.
Thinking of going in and change the drive belt and inspect the bearings.

Thanks for the response. 😀😀

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
Has anyone experienced the motor continues to assist even after pedaling has stopped? I have to pedal backward to disengage. Is there a cleaning and lubrication needed or a Mission Control Setting? Thanks for the advice!
MY21 Levo Comp Alloy is still kicking, knock wood, after 7k miles. When it dies, I’m shipping it from Kentucky to Franklin TN. If you go that route, let me know your experience with them.

eBike Motor Repair
1897 general George Patton Dr. Ste 100
Franklin, TN 37067

Tel: +1 (615) 656-5457
www.eBikeMotorRepair.com
[email protected]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles