Motor died on the trail

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
Had a bit of a problem today…out on the trails, riding through some muddy puddles and after resting up at a local cafe afterwards, I noticed my 2022 e+2 wouldn’t switch on….I managed to limp home with the motor off, washed down and dried her off and walked away ….I came back to it a little later after checking she wasn’t devoid of charge and still no improvement.
In the end, I took off the battery, dried out the area around the battery housing, sprayed a little gt85 water dispersant around the terminals on both the bike and battery and bingo she fired straight back up ….even though the area didn’t seem particularly wet/muddy. I’ll assume that some water must have got on the battery contacts and the GT85 did the trick….so my question is, how do I stop this happening in the future ? Riding home in hilly wales without assist wasn’t a good place for me to be in !

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
You've assumed that the problem was moisture; perhaps it was just re seating the battery. Lots of battery operated stuff seems to work again after reseating the battery. This happened to my friend riding a giant - I forget when it stopped, but we were on a ride. Dry, dusty and pretty warm. I reseated his battery and all was good. I would have worked on the connection if it was mine; make it more solid / less movement. I have done to my bike, a merida e140 - padded the battery in tight.