Levo Gen 2 Motor 4 fitted.

Denpot29

Sep 27, 2020
Crawley
A big shout out to Berkshire Turbo, they sorted my bike again, amazing Customer service.

Motor Number 4 fitted after the latest one (again) developed a very noisy whirring sound once warmed up. Let’s hope this one survives.

Denpot29

Sep 27, 2020
Crawley
Regular 2.1 motor.

0C07C301-4C3B-4388-AD55-51ED85625972.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Whoa, sorry to hear that. Haven't heard of many of the recently replaced motors going bad. I'm on my third motor for a 2020 model levo and hoping this one may last longer. May I ask if you have any idea what may lead to this for example, are you a very aggressive rider w/ very steep climbs in Turbo, are you a lightweight or heavyweight rider, do you consciously spin as close to 90 rpm as possible or do you lug the motor? Thanks for your help.

Denpot29

Sep 27, 2020
Crawley
Whoa, sorry to hear that. Haven't heard of many of the recently replaced motors going bad. I'm on my third motor for a 2020 model levo and hoping this one may last longer. May I ask if you have any idea what may lead to this for example, are you a very aggressive rider w/ very steep climbs in Turbo, are you a lightweight or heavyweight rider, do you consciously spin as close to 90 rpm as possible or do you lug the motor? Thanks for your help.

Hi Jeff,

It’s not good but Im not overly concerned with motor number 4 as the bike shop are amazing and I’m back on my bike within the day. Answer to your questions, I don’t lug the motor, I use a good cadence so i make sure I’m in the correct gear.

I’m around 85kg, not too chubby ?, as for an aggressive rider, I go over the local woods at Tilgate in West Sussex, nothing aggressive, good single track with some good runs and jumps etc, I always use turbo mode so suspect it could be this but the modes there to use so it shouldn’t burn through so many motors in theory.

Maybe just unlucky.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles