Mondraker Crafty R sizing advice

matteof93

Feb 9, 2024
Italy
I am 180 cm tall, 90 cm inseam, long legs, short torso, relatively long arms. I ride an Orbea Occam size Large, 470 mm reach and 50 mm stem, 1228 mm wheelbase (the Occam feels ok, maybe a bit too long in very tight turns...in that case my hardtail is much more playful).
I am looking for an e-bike, there are good deals on the Crafty R.
  • Crafty R size Medium -> 470mm reach, 1245mm wheelbase
  • Crafty R size Large -> 490mm reach, 1265mm wheelbase
I ride alpine trails that are mostly narrow, techy, nothing specifically created to ride bikes...basically hiking trails. Based on the experience I have on the Occam, I fear that the longer wheelbase of the Crafty R in size Large might be too long...while the Medium should be much easier to turn in tight spaces and also more playful. Stability at speed should not be an issue since the wheelbase is still longer than my Occam and the additional weight of an e-bike also increases stability.

What do you think?

Tekmotiv

Tekmotiv.co.uk
Subscriber
Dec 28, 2021
Cambridge UK
Hi, we are a Mondraker dealer. I am the same height as you. I would say from my experience and manufacturer input that the advice is still a L frame. Sizing is very personal, but that is what I would go with. Crafty R has a 30mm stem so this offsets the reach in my view. Happy to provide any dimensions or other checks of the frame geo for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles