Mondraker Crafty and Level owners

lona79

Feb 23, 2020
Italy
Hi,
I would know about Crafty and/or Level feeling compared to other bikes.
Which are the pros and cons ?
Are the level so heavy?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I have a 2021 Level R in XL. It's a big heavy bike at 27.5kg with pedals/frame protection.
Loves to be thrown down rock gardens and rougher tracks and feels better to ride at speed. Slightly comprimised when you are on tighter/slower trails but I still enjoy riding it on most things.
Steep slick tracks you can sometimes feel like a passenger.

When I replace it I'll be looking for something a bit lighter but similar travel.

Open trails
VTT towards Morzine

Since you are in Italy

Tigher trail (in the trees)

Last edited:

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
I own the crafty R with the smart system. IMO For the money it is the best bike in the market. The bike is heavy. Mine is aluminum. I own a mid power Pivot and another high end full power that I just got but the Mondraker suspension design is fantastic. I highly recommend the Mondraker.

tank sinatra

Oct 20, 2020
Honolulu, HI
I have a 2021 Level R in XL. It's a big heavy bike at 27.5kg with pedals/frame protection.
Loves to be thrown down rock gardens and rougher tracks and feels better to ride at speed. Slightly comprimised when you are on tighter/slower trails but I still enjoy riding it on most things.
Steep slick tracks you can sometimes feel like a passenger.

When I replace it I'll be looking for something a bit lighter but similar travel.

Open trails
VTT towards Morzine

Since you are in Italy

Tigher trail (in the trees)

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
I'm 188 cm ( about 6'2) but relatively short legs and I ride a Large ( Crafty). I have riser bars and a few degree elevated stem. The bike is brilliant- I came from a 2018 Merida e160 900 and the Mondy is heavier but more enjoyable- this could be down to the fact that it's a 29'er ( the e160 was mulleted) and new! Mine was a run out, so the $8500 AUD I paid was a pretty good price.
Highly recommended.

tank sinatra

Oct 20, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Any photo's of your current setup? Curious im 6' 200+lbs & the sale is for an XL Crafty it's also the only one left in my location. Thank You, Cheers to a new year!

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
I used the 99spokes bike comparison a lot. For me ( old and inflexible), high-ish stack and not too long reach were important. You can compare to your current steed.
If you're on the borderline, conventional wisdom is go smaller as you can 'lengthen' easier than shorten. YMMV!
I don't think the wrong size is as important in an eMTB as it's not like you're going on 200km road rides!
Great bike!!

Mrslate

Jan 28, 2024
Leivi Ge Italy
Hello everyone!
I recently owned a Crafty XR Yellow 2023 Ed01,
I wanted to know where I can find the guide with the color codes for the 2023 Mondraker, in particular I would need the yellow and gray codes for my bike.
Thanks for your help!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles