Levo Gen 2 Mode Buttons not responding

Avester777

Jul 17, 2020
Swansea
Hi All, I hope you can help.

The handlebar mode buttons are not responding, so I can't change modes. The unit switches on, but it is then locked. The mode button on the battery meter on the Frame also doesn't respond. I have to open the charging port to switch on and off. This started happening two rides ago intermittent, and was stuck on turbo for my last ride. I've not been out in especially wet weather and am careful when washing it, so would not assume water is the issue, but maybe a connection problem?

Are there any opinions/solutions out there? As my LBS where I bought it is run by a real grumpy git who isn't that interested in getting things fixed very quickly. And due to lockdown I can't go to a good shop further afield right now.

Thanks in advance.

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
Hi All, I hope you can help.

The handlebar mode buttons are not responding, so I can't change modes. The unit switches on, but it is then locked. The mode button on the battery meter on the Frame also doesn't respond. I have to open the charging port to switch on and off. This started happening two rides ago intermittent, and was stuck on turbo for my last ride. I've not been out in especially wet weather and am careful when washing it, so would not assume water is the issue, but maybe a connection problem?

Are there any opinions/solutions out there? As my LBS where I bought it is run by a real grumpy git who isn't that interested in getting things fixed very quickly. And due to lockdown I can't go to a good shop further afield right now.

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried a hard reboot? For instructions there is a video on YouTube.

Avester777

Jul 17, 2020
Swansea
Thanks Sneeze. Turns out the actual switch was knackered. Took it to the shop (Don Skene in Cardiff, highly recommended Family run, better than my Swansea local by a mile!) and they fitted it there and then. I did try the reset before taking it funnily enough, and once that didn’t work figured it was a hardware issue. Cheers!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Turn on bike as usual , then straight away hold down the top mode button for about 10/15 secs , it should turn of then back on again ! I think ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles