Mission Control Mission Control - Last update - Bike lock?

Nando

Feb 28, 2022
Portugal
Hi all,

Got an update today for Mission control and in the description it mentioned option to bike lock.
But when trying the app I did not see that feature.

I have a Turbo Levo SFR 2020, does anyone have that feature as in it is specific to a certain model / year?

Thanks

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Hi all,

Got an update today for Mission control and in the description it mentioned option to bike lock.
But when trying the app I did not see that feature.

I have a Turbo Levo SFR 2020, does anyone have that feature as in it is specific to a certain model / year?

Thanks
funny i just saw this feature on a video for the Vado

apparently you can disable the motor and set a motion alarm. probably available on certain models only

Nando

Feb 28, 2022
Portugal
funny i just saw this feature on a video for the Vado

apparently you can disable the motor and set a motion alarm. probably available on certain models only

Must be that.
I forget that Specialized has models other than just MTB bikes.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Lock and rest of the new functions is only for turbo bikes with mastermind. (there will be some very nice new functions)
Motor will have improvement to prevent self running event and torque sensor update, for all FF.
Coming this week.

Nando

Feb 28, 2022
Portugal
Will we still be able to upgrade to mastermind TCU on older Levo's?
There is a video around showing it working, butI haven't seen the mastermind TCU selling anywhere.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Will the lock disable/brick the actual motor? Or will it disable the TCU controlling the motor?

basically can a someone just change out the TCU to make the bike operable?

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Just installed the new Mission Control update, Bike Lock works now 😉
But the changelog is mentioning something with AXS support on the Mastermind. Did not manage yet to connect the AXS into the Mastermind System, anyone tried?

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Just installed the new Mission Control update, Bike Lock works now 😉
But the changelog is mentioning something with AXS support on the Mastermind. Did not manage yet to connect the AXS into the Mastermind System, anyone tried?
I’ll try to update later. It would be nice to have an AXS feature where the mastermind shows what gear I’m in. Old school shifters had this feature.

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
Love the new feature:

Summary:
1. Update your Mission Control App on your smartphone to the latest version.
2. Turn on the bike and connect to Missions Control App.
3. To enable system lock, you'll need to register your bike and provide proof of purchase (picture of receipt) .

Lets Go :

1. Turn on your bike and connect to Missions Control App
2. Touch enable Lock System' to proceed.
3. Register your bike and provide proof of purchase (picture of receipt) .
4. Once the bike is registered you will see the LOCK SYSTEMS option enabled on the mission control home screen.
5. On initial bike connection mission control auto-generates a 4 digit systems lock pin.
6. Touch the cog wheel to enter your own pin. (Note you can recover your pin via your account on the Specialized website.)
7. To lock your bike touch 'LOCK SYSTEM' The system lock is engaged.
While engaged your bikes motor is disabled and will not work
The bike can now only be turned on through your mission control app or by entering the pin on the handlebar remote
You may remove the battery when the bike is locked . The system will stay locked until you reinstall a battery and unlock the bike. The alarm does not sound when the battery is removed.
If the alarm is enabled it will be triggered with substantial movement.

A03D1CE4-108F-46EA-9D26-8E32FA0C41B4.jpeg

4D5DFAAB-9DEE-4745-A3DA-9AD67E2C3FB8.jpeg

478148DA-1F86-4DB1-96B8-B46767417FF1.jpeg

antoine-

Apr 12, 2022
Netherlands
I’ll try to update later. It would be nice to have an AXS feature where the mastermind shows what gear I’m in. Old school shifters had this feature.
Just installed the update, takes about 10 mins. After the update is was able to connect the AXS system (in mastermind, connect shifting via ANT+). After customising the mastermind screen (select AXS battery and/or AXS gear), the TCU now shows AXS battery level and selected gear. Very cool feature: always wanted to know in what gear i'm riding, now its possible...

antoine-

Apr 12, 2022
Netherlands
And bike lock is working; anyone know what it exactly locks? Will the lock disable/brick the actual motor? Or will it disable the TCU controlling the motor? Or...?
IMG_3693.jpg

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Just installed the update, takes about 10 mins. After the update is was able to connect the AXS system (in mastermind, connect shifting via ANT+). After customising the mastermind screen (select AXS battery and/or AXS gear), the TCU now shows AXS battery level and selected gear. Very cool feature: always wanted to know in what gear i'm riding, now its possible...
Is there an option for 12 hour clock instead of 24 hour? I updated my levo but haven’t played around with it yet

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Do you need to re register the bike and install a different version of mission control?
Not working on mine after receiving new up date and speaking with Specialized. Followed the video they sent but it's not giving this feature! Went into Google play store to see if there was a new version of mission control, but looks like I've already got the new version.
I don't see how some have received this new update from 4th April, ridercare told me today it only went live this morning at 8 30am.

Last edited:

antoine-

Apr 12, 2022
Netherlands
Do tiu beed to re register the bike and install a different version of mission control?
Not working on mine after receiving new up date and speaking with Specialized. Followed the video they sent but it's not giving this feature! Went into Google play store to see if there was a new version of mission control, but looks like I've already got the new version.
I don't see how some have received this new update from 4th April, ridercare told me today it only went live this morning at 8 30am.
I'm on Mission Control 2.14.0 (iPhone), no re-registration required and lock screen appeared as soon as te the bike was connected in MC.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Looks like I'm on 2.13.0
Just reinstalled mission control and finally got it working.
Bit of a gimmick if you ask me, my god the alarm is hardly going to alert anyone's attention, a feckin church mouse's fart is louder. Ridercare don't even know how it works they said is a much louder bleeping than when switching settings.

Last edited:

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
My AXS pairing keeps failing. Everything is up to date

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Create a new Data field with the AXS data. Restart the Mastermind and it should display the AXS values. Make sure AXS is not in Standby!

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
How do you guys manage to update your bike software using the Mission Control app? Mine just tells me to pay my LBS a visit for a TCU update. Don't see any bike lock options either (2021 Levo SL, no TCU display).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles