Levo Gen 2 Might pick up a new 2021 Turbo Levo Comp.....Any known issues?

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Hey All, I have had a YT on order for months and there is no telling when it will come in now so I am debating picking up a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp. I am 6' and about 250 pounds with gear and I am wondering if this bike will handle my size and if there are know issues on the 2021's?

Thank you!

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Don’t think it’s so much known issues, issue, as opposed to knowing where your dealer is and how they react!
Fortunately, I bought my 21 Levo local and have received excellent support!
6 months ownership, Ive had a TCU replaced - No quibble visit, that certainly left a lasting impression and assurance!
I had extended false promise wait time on a Santa Cruz Bullit, couldnt be happier with the Levo and reading up on what I have, kind of relieved!
With any E bike, I think local support should be placed as priority - if shop is good and stand behind products! - priceless! The YT is a cracking package, though very much all show but no go - due to short supply! - You won’t regret a Levo!

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Don’t think it’s so much known issues, issue, as opposed to knowing where your dealer is and how they react!
Fortunately, I bought my 21 Levo local and have received excellent support!
6 months ownership, Ive had a TCU replaced - No quibble visit, that certainly left a lasting impression and assurance!
I had extended false promise wait time on a Santa Cruz Bullit, couldnt be happier with the Levo and reading up on what I have, kind of relieved!
With any E bike, I think local support should be placed as priority - if shop is good and stand behind products! - priceless! The YT is a cracking package, though very much all show but no go - due to short supply! - You won’t regret a Levo!

Thanks...yeah I have a great dealership near me (Although they have no Turbo Levos in Stock) so I would have to get it at another dealership. Hoever, my local one assures me they can manage any warranty work, etc. A decision will be made this week and a call to YT for a refund will be forthcoming, lol

Kent

Nov 28, 2020
Israel
I ride a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp for 11 months now, done 10.5K km, no motor issues. I would not recommend an earlier model since the motor was upgraded in late 2020 and earlier motors are suffering from major design issues leading to fatal problems.

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Hey All, I have had a YT on order for months and there is no telling when it will come in now so I am debating picking up a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp. I am 6' and about 250 pounds with gear and I am wondering if this bike will handle my size and if there are know issues on the 2021's?

Thank you!

High Rock Ruti

I've had a 2016, 2019 and now 2022 I've lost 5 motors between them. Specialized Is fantastic about warranty replaced motors no questions and two full refunds.

New bike Is fantastic to ride, think "spare e bike"

Warm Regards Ruti

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
You will get to know your local bike shop a lot more too 🤣🤣, you will be right,, surely they have it sorted now, it seemed like my 19 was in the shop every second day there for a while. I've had three battery cables, two motors two tcu's plus some sram stuff that was not specializeds fault.

Hehehe...well if anything my warranty is 2 years and by then there will be m,ore bikes available and I can move on but who knows, it may be a good bike. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles