merida e one sixty 2020 fox DHX2 coil

mr.sebi

May 4, 2020
austria
hey guys. has anyo e of you tried this combination? i know there are a few people who run a coil shock in their meridas. but never seen a fox dhx2. 205x65 is available in austria. but dont know if it fits because of the small gap between frame and shock. thanks a lot guys for helping me:)

Mitdg12345

Mar 1, 2021
Australia
The Guy who reviews it is from Adelaide and can confirm that most of his reviews are bloody awesome and super honest. In this video I think he goes more in-depth on the coil performance (Bomber Cr that has a light compression tune and medium rebound tune)

E-Bandit

Sep 1, 2020
Australia
I saw those videos and purchased the same coil shock from cyclinic, I didn’t get the compression or rebound changed for now and will see how it goes standard, running a 500lb 2.8 shock to start with.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
I saw those videos and purchased the same coil shock from cyclinic, I didn’t get the compression or rebound changed for now and will see how it goes standard, running a 500lb 2.8 shock to start with.
Hey E-Bandit how did you go with the Maroochydore shock, feel good or need to change compression rebound. Thinking of doing the same. Cheers

E-Bandit

Sep 1, 2020
Australia
Hey E-Bandit how did you go with the Maroochydore shock, feel good or need to change compression rebound. Thinking of doing the same. Cheers
Hey , yep been running it with the 500lb spring, it does feel good, but I think if I changed the compression tune like mention by mtb telly in the video that would be icing on the cake. I will wait till it needs a service and send it away for the change, Only bottomed out slightly of one pretty big drop off, have done a lot of jumps and all sweet. It also feels heaps better smashing over roots and pointing it downhill
At the same time I changed the front z1 fork to coil also and 170mm,

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Hey , yep been running it with the 500lb spring, it does feel good, but I think if I changed the compression tune like mention by mtb telly in the video that would be icing on the cake. I will wait till it needs a service and send it away for the change, Only bottomed out slightly of one pretty big drop off, have done a lot of jumps and all sweet. It also feels heaps better smashing over roots and pointing it downhill
At the same time I changed the front z1 fork to coil also and 170mm,
Cheers thanks for the quick reply will look into getting one. Did cyclonic recommend a spring size or did you just wing it

E-Bandit

Sep 1, 2020
Australia
Cheers thanks for the quick reply will look into getting one. Did cyclonic recommend a spring size or did you just wing it
I spoke to others on this forum and cyclinic, I went on Facebook and found a couple of springs for cheap just to test, I weight 88kg without gear, and only bottomed the 500kg out once, I would like to try the fox sls 475 spring but it’s expensive.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles