Levo Gen 2 Megneg for my RS Deluxe Select+

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Hi
I have a Levo comp that has a RS Deluxe select. Well its not a bad Shox its not a fantastic one either. I don't feel the worth spending large among of money on a entry level Levo, so just one or two upgrades to make it ride better.
Will add a RC2 damper to my Lyric select + to make it a ultimate.

But does anyone have any comments to adding a megneg to the Deluxe for e Levo ? will this work with the suspension curve of the Levo ?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Fitted a Meg Neg to my 20 Comp as I found it "wallowed" in the mid stroke, and was really pleased, much more linear IMHO. Fitted a new sealhead (I think it's called) to the Lyric to bring it to 21 spec and was really pleased with that, stopped the load of the first 10mm travel under the weight of the bike. Both were dead easy to fit.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I tried a megneg out with my RT3, it was a good improvement, but being 95kg I had to whack a lot of pressure in. In the end I went for a Cane Creek DBair with a custom tune for my weight. Well worth the money, night and day difference.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I tried a megneg out with my RT3, it was a good improvement, but being 95kg I had to whack a lot of pressure in. In the end I went for a Cane Creek DBair with a custom tune for my weight. Well worth the money, night and day difference.

Thanks, I had DBairIL on my Ibis and to be honest the shock spent more time off the bike being repaired than on the bike. I have lost total confidence in CC's suspension lineup. at 85kg I'm hopping the magnet will do the trick

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Thanks, I had DBairIL on my Ibis and to be honest the shock spent more time off the bike being repaired than on the bike. I have lost total confidence in CC's suspension lineup. at 85kg I'm hopping the magnet will do the trick
Thats fair enough, Ive put about 700 miles on mine so far and its been great....touch wood. If it breaks ist an excuse to get an X2.

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I did both to my 2020 comp. Both good noticeable upgrades, but note that with the megneg and my overall ride weight of 95kg, I have have to get 320psi in it to get 30% sag which meant having to get a shock pump that went above 300 psi. It does make setting up the megneg and experimenting with the negatives bands a bit of a pain. Worthwhile though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles