Maxxis Minion DHF question

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Anyone knows if you can run the DHF at the rear?
I placed an order for what I though it was a DHR :sleep::sleep: ......what a plonker lol. Not keen on sending back as it was from outside the UK. I run a MM on the front and I like it to stay there.

Cheers guys.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
DHF and DHRIIs work well on front or rear.
The F and R do not signify front or rear

DHRIIs corner really similarly to DHFs but don't break into a drift quite as well but have tons better straightline braking performance. You shouldn't be relying on your rear brake to slow you down. If you need better braking run na DHRII upfront

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
DHF and DHRIIs work well on front or rear.
The F and R do not signify front or rear

DHRIIs corner really similarly to DHFs but don't break into a drift quite as well but have tons better straightline braking performance. You shouldn't be relying on your rear brake to slow you down. If you need better braking run na DHRII upfront

Thanks @Gary . I really thought the R & F was for rear and front lol. So I can run the DHF at the back....great news mate. Run it the normal way too?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes. The L shaped edge knobs won't do their job properly when leant over if you run a DHRII, DHF or SS minion the wrong way.

panaphonic

Apr 24, 2020
New Zealand
Anyone knows if you can run the DHF at the rear?
I placed an order for what I though it was a DHR :sleep::sleep: ......what a plonker lol. Not keen on sending back as it was from outside the UK. I run a MM on the front and I like it to stay there.

Cheers guys.
I really like running a DHF on the rear, particularly in the dryer months. Like Gary said, a bit less braking traction. The DHF has taller, less square profile that helps the bike lean into turns a touch faster than a DHR2. Quite a lot faster rolling than a DHR2 IMO. The F and R do stand for Front and Rear but lots of people and pro riders use a DHR2 on the front or a DHF in the rear. Maxxis even has said run them however you want.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I am in Quebec(Canada) here some are happy running 2 DHF.
I ordered a pair to put on my new bike this november.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles