Markhor Rocket - major mechanical issue

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
I bought this frame with Bafang M510 engine from one of the most popular sellers.

After several weeks of waiting (painting, completing the order, shipment), I finally received the products.

First I tried mounting the motor to the frame mount. What was my surprise when I found that the holes in the frame did not coincide with the holes in the engine.... When I put the screw into one of holes it cannot be done to others. I measure distance between holes in motor and in frame and they differs.

I tried many ways, had removed the paint residue from the mounting holes (as suggested by the seller), but the misalignment is so large that mounting the motor is impossible.

Have any of you had a similar problem (maybe with other manufacturers frames), or am I the only one with such bad luck?

At this stage, the problem has been reported to the seller, photos taken, videos recorded showing the problem. I am waiting for some information, but the season is running away.

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
Some pictures of the problem... after inserting the bolt into the front hole, the top center hole and the rear hole do not match the motor mounting points.
There is no option to insert front bolt and rear or middle bolt together.

There is an offset, slight at the rear and about 40% in the middle....

I made a video describing this to the dealer and am waiting for a new front frame. The worst part is that I am about 4-6 weeks longer without a bike because of this situation :/.

It looks like the problem occurred during welding, where the operator didn't install the motor mount properly and the welding pull off the mounting holes.
If it would be a result of mechanical failure, only the rear holes would have been displaced.

So - if you are ordering a frame, ask the seller to check that the motor fits the frame mounts before shipping.
It goes without saying that the two should fit together (if, of course, the frame is dedicated to a specific model of motor), but as this example shows, there may be a problem.

Putting aside this unfortunate problem, the overall build quality of the frame is really good. I hope the new frame will be as nice as this one, and will fit the motor and will arrive before ond of June :)

photo_2024-06-10_12-42-09.jpg photo_2024-06-10_12-41-46.jpg photo_2024-06-10_12-41-49 (2).jpg

azure

Mar 7, 2024
PL
It is time to write a summary.
Thanks to the seller's professional approach to the problem, I received a new front part of the frame, which perfectly fits the motor's mounts.
Therefore, it is very important to buy from reliable sellers, because a mistake can be made by anyone, even the factory.

At this point I would like to thank Chili Shen and Tars of Changzhou Fieldebikes for understanding the problem, providing great service and sending a second frame. As I talked to them, they added checking this frame element to their checklist before shipping.

My bike is finished and I am very happy with it. The quality of the frame (welds, grinding) is really good. Geometry fits me a lot.

photo_2024-07-12_12-46-30.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles