Marida e160 300s control unit

Rublackk

Jan 10, 2021
Scotland
Just bought myself my first e bike last week and looking at changing the controller and monitor if possible. It comes with the Sc E5000 and isn't Bluetooth compatible. Was looking to change to e8000 display with seperate controller and was wondering how easy it would be?
Cheers

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Not hard. The cables are plug and play. If you can disconnect the cable the at the display (rather than a fixed wire going to the battery) on your bike you should be OK to install the e7000 display and controller.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Pretty sure that the plugs are a different sizes with the one on the E5000 being a bit smaller. You can get and adapter I think, but not 100% sure. Started a thread for a mate with a similar problem here if you want a read

Rublackk

Jan 10, 2021
Scotland
Pretty sure that the plugs are a different sizes with the one on the E5000 being a bit smaller. You can get and adapter I think, but not 100% sure. Started a thread for a mate with a similar problem here if you want a read

Cheers just had a look through it there. Atleast I'm not the only one who thinks the controller is gash. I just want to be able to change to mph and adjust a couple of things and looks like I'm going to have to buy whole new display and controller. I have messaged shimano so will see what they say back to it.

Rublackk

Jan 10, 2021
Scotland
Shops over 3 hrs away, would be nice to do it myself without traveling there if there is any updates or wanting to change settings. Plus the display at the moment is horrible looking. Hopefully it is just plug in and play without needing adaptors

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Shops over 3 hrs away, would be nice to do it myself without traveling there if there is any updates or wanting to change settings. Plus the display at the moment is horrible looking. Hopefully it is just plug in and play without needing adaptors
Pretty sure it's discussed in the other thread, and my mate tried it between his and his wife's bikes but unfortunately they were different sizes hence the need for an adaptor.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia

According to the specs it has an E7000 motor. That's the older size. You'd need to check but it looks like the adaptor would be needed for the display it has not the e7000 display unit. I suppose it depends what cable is coming from the motor to the controller and where any adaptor might be in the system.

Gordon

Rublackk

Jan 10, 2021
Scotland
Pretty sure it's discussed in the other thread, and my mate tried it between his and his wife's bikes but unfortunately they were different sizes hence the need for an adaptor.
The adapter i seen was was for 2 wires to go in so I guess i would need to get a length of the right sized wire to be able to plug into back of display?

Rublackk

Jan 10, 2021
Scotland
EW-AD305

This is what you are looking for. May need a short SD50 cable as well.

Just a note too there are two versions of that display.

SC-E5000 uses the older fatter SD50 cable
SC-E5003 uses the newer thin SD300 cable
After looking at the marida website it looks like it used the Sc 5000 so shouldn't need an adapter. Think I will just have to get it and try it out. Cheers

Rublackk

Jan 10, 2021
Scotland
My e7000 display arrived today and it was a straight plug in and play. So like said previously if you have the sc5000 display which I think the new models have you can straight swap with no adapters. On the e160 300s for sure anyways

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles