Magura MT7 pro question

Chris_lux1981

Apr 11, 2020
Luxembourg
Hi Guy,
Did not find it by search, maybe someone can help. Which adapters do I need to install the MT7 Pro on the 2020 levo comp? want to run 220 front and 203 rear.
Thanks in advance

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Your Levo has PM7 on the front and on the rear. So you need a QM 45 for the 220mm rotor in the front and the QM44 for the 203mm rotor on the rear.

Another, even cheaper solution for the rear break:
If you put a 1,5-1,6mm thick washer (Ø12,5mm x Ø6,5mm x 1,6mm) under both sides of the calliper, then you can use the original adapter with a 203mm rotor.

The QM40 Adapter will probably not work with a 203mm. I tried this on my Kenevo, but the rotor scratched on the calliper. It was close, but not good...

Chris_lux1981

Apr 11, 2020
Luxembourg
Your Levo has PM7 on the front and on the rear. So you need a QM 45 for the 220mm rotor in the front and the QM44 for the 203mm rotor on the rear.

Another, even cheaper solution for the rear break:
If you put a 1,5-1,6mm thick washer (Ø12,5mm x Ø6,5mm x 1,6mm) under both sides of the calliper, then you can use the original adapter with a 203mm rotor.

The QM40 Adapter will probably not work with a 203mm. I tried this on my Kenevo, but the rotor scratched on the calliper. It was close, but not good...

Thanks a lot ?
Is internal brake hose routing difficult?
Thanks

Chris_lux1981

Apr 11, 2020
Luxembourg
Internal routing want a problem but you’ll need the hose connector doo-dad to pull it through. As the brake hose goes through a sheath.

Do you mean I could use this to pull the new hose through while taking the old one out?

114889-00-c-192329.jpg

Martin DH

Apr 27, 2020
Berkeley, California
The Lyrik has PM7, so you need a Magura QM44 adapter for 203mm rotors.
Thanks for the reply Peko! Just to be sure, so I need 2x QM44 for both front and rear? (I have a 2019 Levo and will be using 203 rotors.) I see that the adapters that came with the stock Sram Guide brakes look different from each other (fork and rear), but you say that I need the same QM44 to be used in the front and rear for the MT7?

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
but you say that I need the same QM44 to be used in the front and rear for the MT7?

I tought, we´re talking only about the fork?
I just rechecked at Rockshox archive, that all Lyrik modells have PM7 since MY2019. So, the QM44 will fit on the fork.

I´m prettty sure, the Levo has also PM7 on the rear, but i don´t know exactly. Maybe it's only PM6, then you need the QM 42.
Can you take a picture of the front and rear adapters?

Last edited:

Martin DH

Apr 27, 2020
Berkeley, California
I tought, we´re talking only about the fork?
I just rechecked at Rockshox archieve, that all Lyrik modells have PM7 since MY2019. So, the QM44 will fit on the fork.

I´m prettty sure, the Levo has also PM7 on the rear, but i don´t know exactly. Maybe it's only PM6, then you need the QM 42.
Can you take a picture of the front and rear adapters?

Please note that the actual fork with the spacers is the Fox 34 Rhythm (I'm swapping it for the Lyrik which is arriving tonight ??).

The pics:
Fork inside
Spacers - 1.jpg
Spacers - 3.jpg
Spacers - 2.jpg

Spacers - 1.jpg

Rear
Spacers - 3.jpg

Fork outside
Spacers - 2.jpg

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
OK... Now it seems to be clear.

The Fox Rhythm obviously has PM6. This must be the reason, why you have different adapters on front and rear for the stock brakes.

The rear adapter looks similar to the 2020 Kenevo and it has PM7.
So I'm pretty sure, you will need 2x QM44 adapters.

Maybe somebody else can confirm this...

Martin DH

Apr 27, 2020
Berkeley, California
OK... Now it seems to be clear.

The Fox Rhythm obviously has PM6. This must be the reason, why you have different adapters on front and rear for the stock brakes.

The rear adapter looks similar to the 2020 Kenevo and it has PM7.
So I'm pretty sure, you will need 2x QM44 adapters.

Maybe somebody else can confirm this...
Thanks Peko! I appreciate your response!

RodC

May 28, 2020
Queretaro, Mexico
Thanks for the reply Peko! Just to be sure, so I need 2x QM44 for both front and rear? (I have a 2019 Levo and will be using 203 rotors.) I see that the adapters that came with the stock Sram Guide brakes look different from each other (fork and rear), but you say that I need the same QM44 to be used in the front and rear for the MT7?

I hve a 2020 turbo levo and used QM44 on both sides.
The fork is PM7 and had sram 200mm rotor, the back also had the 200mm rotor.

RodC

May 28, 2020
Queretaro, Mexico
Thanks for the confirmation. Just ordered a pair! Can't wait to make the upgrade to the M7!

Now, be aware this are very tricky to set up correctly. try to find a guy that has experience with them.
There are many videos that are helpfull, but these are really high end brakes and require some experience.
special note: take care of the top bleed screw, it only requires 0.4nm torque.
also the olives, make sure first you push the pin, then the oilve and keep pushing on the tube while threading the nut

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Here is a link, where I described, how I did it on my Kenevo. Levo 2019 and Kenevo 2020 are similar and with some skills, it's not too difficult...

There are also some useful YT- Tutorials from Magura how to install the MT7 and to be sure, I would also buy the Magura bleeding kit. You will maybe need it, to get the air out of the system.

Last edited:

Martin DH

Apr 27, 2020
Berkeley, California
Here is a link, where I described, how I did it on my Kenevo. Levo 2019 and Kenevo 2020 are similar and with some skills, it's not too difficult...

There are also some useful YT- Tutorials from Magura how to install the MT7 and to be sure, I would also buy the Magura bleeding kit. You will maybe need it, to get the air out of the system.

This is great info thanks Peko!

Martin DH

Apr 27, 2020
Berkeley, California

Hey Peko, I followed you explanation perfectly up to where you say
"After disconnecting them, the tool for getting the new brakehose from the chainstay up to the sidearm is inside the frame."
What do you mean, there's a tool inside the frame sidearm?

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Sorry, english isn't my native language...
The "tool" is the off-cutted piece of break hose from the front break. ;)

Last edited:

Zero

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Fx1"
Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
So when you move to MT7 brakes do you have to run a new hose instead of using the code ones?

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
So when you move to MT7 brakes do you have to run a new hose instead of using the code ones?
I’d say yeah you need to change the hose, Sram uses dot fluid and magura uses a mineral oil. So is you drain the fluid from the old hose then it’ll be still have residue that will contaminate the new brakes.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
I’d say yeah you need to change the hose, Sram uses dot fluid and magura uses a mineral oil. So is you drain the fluid from the old hose then it’ll be still have residue that will contaminate the new brakes.
Hmm. Wonder if you can flush them through

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Hmm. Wonder if you can flush them through
You could try isopropyl, but You’ll have to be sure that it’s all evaporated after. Pulling a new cable through using the old one as a draw is no drama.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
You could try isopropyl, but You’ll have to be sure that it’s all evaporated after. Pulling a new cable through using the old one as a draw is no drama.
That sounds OK. I thought you needed to feed through manually. On the kenevo you still need to remove shock to loosen cable retainers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles