Review Lupine C14 SP taillight for e-bikes

RiderOnTheStorm

Product Image:
taillight.jpg

Product name: Lupine C14 SP taillight for e-bikes
Price paid: 87€
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Tired of losing my taillight on rough trails or having to remember to recharge or replace batteries, I was desperately looking for a more reliable and integrated rear lighting solution for my e-MTB.

Enters the Lupine C14 SP taillight which really brightened my day, or should I say my night! I purchased the seatpost (SP) version, so it was simple and quick to install without taking down the seat post. It can be installed on standard seat posts with a diameter of 31.6 mm or 30.9 mm.

The taillight plugged into the light port of my Bosch CX Gen 4 motor and is powered by the bike's motor and battery. An adapter cable is required for installation on Bosch, Brose and Yamaha motors. Also, in order to get it to work, I had to ask my bike shop to activate the light ports of my Bosch motor. No biggie!

The light is very bright (45 lumens) and is clealy visible. It has a discrete, minimalist design and is made of CNC aluminum. It has a solid feel (German built). It also features a sensor that detects braking and then lights up brighter for a few seconds.

This taillight should be compatible with most e-bike motors that deliver a voltage range from 6V to 15V. The power consumption is 0.8W according to the manufacturer.

Really good stuff from Lupine and perfect fit for e-bikes in my opinion.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles