Love to see a long travel Fazua Bulls

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
There are only two emtn bike choices in the USA if you want a bike with a Fazua motor, Bulls and Trek. Both are short travel, steep fork angle, XC bikes and probably not big sellers here. I would never want to ride one of these on some of the technical sections I encounter here in SoCal. I don't know why Bulls chose to go this route with their Wild Flow. I think many would want a very light bike, slacker head angle, travel of at least 150mm but something with a bit more power and less money than the Specialized SL. And I've already ruled out Shimano EP8 and Bosch due to their mechanical no load noise "issue". For me that's a deal breaker (I know not everyone is bothered by that clanking noise) and it's a shame because both are really great motors otherwise IMO. Brose is not a bad choice and the lightest implementation of it is a Specialized LEVO, pricy and light but not ultra light. The Bulls Brose bikes are way too heavy at 55 lbs as are many emtn bikes coming out lately. So many of them seem to come in at 55 lbs! So I'm sticking with my 2018 Shimano powered Focus Jam2 Carbon. It's a great bike, light and with the mods I've done as good as almost anything out there. I'm just hoping when the motor dies (5400 miles now) I can get a replacement E8000. The battery is doing well since I have a few range extenders to help extend the native battery life which is almost impossible to get in the states.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles