2018 Bulls Estream EVO AM4?

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
There a dealer in San Diego with an am4 and they also have a ecore di2 that i canceled my order on.
I backed out of the Am4 as the seat post didn’t go low enough, my biggest complaint on FS3 and the am is even higher and that was a deal breaker for me. Now that i have the Integra i have no need for the ecore DI2

Live2Ride

Mar 28, 2019
Los angeles
Now Im just pissed off. Called dealer Friday to check on delivery. I put a deposit on the AM4 three months ago, Spoke with a different person than whom I ordered the bike with, He said they will not be getting any AM4's. Bulls over sold them and no more were available. WTF. Called a FlyRides in California they had One left. Had to pay almost list price . It still seems to be a very good value still at that number. Should have it in a week . Il post a ride critique once I get out on out local trails . Contemplated just going down th the LBS and picking up a Levo. Comparing the two I think the Levo comparably equipped with a notably smaller battery would still be a good chunk of change more.

FYI—LAFlyRides (which is 20 minutes from me) are dishonest and use fear sales tactics, IMO. Id go there only as a last resort.

Live2Ride

Mar 28, 2019
Los angeles
I’ve had this bike for 8 months. Aesthetically, it’s perfect, Beautiful. Best motor and battery on the market (IMAO) and I’ve tested them all. I had to size up to a 49 as dealer sold the medium out from under me. I replaced the stem (to a Syntace 31 mm from a stock 50 mm) and moved the dropper lever to the left by the grip (it was stupidly pre-installed on the inside right). Performs well, but when unpowered its very sluggish, esp in turns. It just lumbers unless the motor is at least in eco. Two problems: came out of box with a front end defect (loud rubbing noise dealer said occurred on all his new Bulls this year) and battery only charges to 4 bars (80%) and inside charge port doesn’t work. Pros- at $4500, bike was the best bang for the buck (for a mid travel, Brose, Lyric, Madura MT5 setup.), Sooo much value at its price point. Big Complaint: wish it were more agile — I really prefer a pop n’ play type of bike and still bloody hard to manual this beast. I think it errs a bit on side of stability.

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
Anyone considering the Bulls E-stream EVO AM4 2019?
Any improvements or even downgrades of the previous model?

The bike from Bull's US website:
https://www.bullsebikes.com/product/e-stream-evo-am-4-27-5-smag/

The following review article:
BULLS E-STREAM EVO AM 4 27.5+ Review – Long-distance eMTB with 750 Wh battery | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine
-talks about poor finishing details, little attention to detail, ...

My choice before seeing this Bulls E-Stream was the Devinci AC XT
( DEVINCI - AC XT ) which is more expensive; but the real reason the Bulls attracts me is the 750 watt battery and the long range.
Not having range anxiety for me is important.

Should I worry about the poor finishing details, little attention to detail, ... is that why Bulls bikes are lower in price?

And can one tell me if the Bulls 750 Watt battery can be charged off the bike?

Thanks for all answers!

Last edited:

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
I had one, reason i got rid of it was seat post doesn’t go low enough for a true enduro DH type bike with 180 travel.
Really nice bike well built, but battery weight in down tube combined with the high seat profile left me uneasy and feeling like bike was nose heavy and top heavy on chunky descents. Hiro dirt bike was quite fun.
And the big battery was really nice

Jun 23, 2020
Colorado Springs
I had one, reason i got rid of it was seat post doesn’t go low enough for a true enduro DH type bike with 180 travel.
Really nice bike well built, but battery weight in down tube combined with the high seat profile left me uneasy and feeling like bike was nose heavy and top heavy on chunky descents. Hiro dirt bike was quite fun.
And the big battery was really nice

Hey Tim,
Sorry to revive an old thread but did you do any cockpit adjustments to your EVO AM? I’m a somewhat taller rider 6’3”, with a long inseam. I’m transitioning from the moto world and with will be picking up my ‘20 E-Stream Evo AM 3 within the next week from a local dealer here in Colorado. It seems like they took the 2019 AM 4 and handed it down to the AM 3 because spec-wise for the 2020 model it is seems nearly identical. So the review posted above and your post both mention cockpit problems. The stock Bulls bar is 760mm with little (maybe 10mm) of rise. If I can make the cables stretch, I’m thinking of a 780-800mm bar with 30-40mm or rise. They seem to also put a bigger travel dropper post on the larger frames (54cm in my case). Do you think I’ll have any luck finding myself more centered in the bike with those adjustments? Thanks in advance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles