Lost key for Shimano Steps 6010 battery mount

Bill in Tomahawk

Aug 15, 2023
Tomahawk, WI
Newbie here.
So long story short I found a Haro electric Double Peak IO bicycle abandoned in the desert, no battery or display, Taco'd rear wheel, flat tires, months of dust on everything. Carried it back to the van, now it is in Wisconsin hanging on my rack.

Motor is a DUE 6050, all other controls appear to be intact.

Bought a battery, 6010 418 watt and snapped it into the battery mount not realizing it would LOCK in place, but it did. I need to remove the battery to charge it.

So any ideas on how to unlock the battery.
I tried Shimano but they said not possible without key numbers.
I think I found a new lock and key replacement on Amazon.

I have the charger and display coming.

Any Ideas for releasing the battery or advice greatly appreciated.

Bill in Tomahawk

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
The locks are generally pretty unsophisticated so maybe swing it by a lock smith to have them pick it or learn how on Utube?

Bill in Tomahawk

Aug 15, 2023
Tomahawk, WI
Spent some time on you tube and saw some videos that made lock drill out look easy. I hope that if I can swing the battery out I will be able to replace whats left of the lock with a new one. I was overjoyed to find a charge port on the battery mount on the lower mount. The important thing for me is to try the motor. I have a 30 day return window on the components(battery/display/charger) I ordered so if the motor works hopefully the rest of the bike will follow or I can return the unused parts.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am a long time bicyclist but this is my first electric.

Do you forum members like pictures.

Bill

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles