Looking for trail reports; Nevada/Utah

HeavyJ

Feb 27, 2023
PNW
Have less than two weeks vacation left, need to get out of Oregon for some riding, it just won't stop snowing and my ski season is over. Thinking about road tripping down to Nevada/Utah maybe even Arizona.
Looking for advice for a first timer in those areas, I would say I'm a solid intermediate rider. Would a trip this week and next be worth it or should I just deal with the Oregon snow and mud?

RichT

I dont know about organized, groomed, rated trails but if you want a place to ride off pavement, away from traffic and with sites such as semi-developped hot springs, mines, and pictorgraph/petroglyphs, from desert valleys to mountain trails, head to Spenser Hot Springs, and Hickison Petroglyphs recreation area (BLM campground there) just East of Austin on 50. South of Spenser is the Toquima Cave site, another camp ground and more petroglyphs, and miles of dirt roads and trails. Its an area where you can explore and really stretch your legs. Check the weather though - this time of year it might be dry or it might be covered in snow. The general area is about 15 miles SE of Austin so you can check the weather in that region. Looks good next week.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles