Looking at a Levo but wondered if I should be looking at anything else?

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
Hi,
First post and after a little advice, please.
Looking at buying the Standard Levo Ebike not only for the bike but also the integration of being able to connect to it and run apps like Blevo.
Before I commit is there any other manufacturer that can do similar with integration that you would recommend?
I may also look at the levo Comp.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I have a 2019 Levo, love it, no plans to change it.

If I were looking now though I’d probably go for the YT, the value for money is very compelling. Whether I’d regret it with the lack of local dealer support is another matter ....

Oblivious

Mar 11, 2019
USA
Im thinking about getting a 2019 Levo too, but I’m nervous that it’s been out since September and when the 2020 comes out I’ll be kicking myself.

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
Im thinking about getting a 2019 Levo too, but I’m nervous that it’s been out since September and when the 2020 comes out I’ll be kicking myself.
Any idea when they announce the new models, also the price will probably go up.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I doubt it'll be more than a colour change. Probably with a rear fender and the new motor housing. They tend to have a 3 year cycle.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire

I was told by Chris at Berkshire Cycles that apart from some new colours the 2020 bikes will be the same as the 2019 models.

Sco Pau

Jan 3, 2019
San Jose/Marina CA
This might not help you but I can't say enough about the Sea Otter Classic at Laquna Seca CA. This is the largest bike fest in the world! and where the eBike was introduced in North America in 2014. {My 2014 Haibike All Mtn was purchased shortly after that show}. They introduce the new models here as well as informative eBike forums. See the future of eBikes here and talk with the movers and shakers within the industry. The best part is all the different eBike free demos to try out on all sorts of different terrain. Well worth attending!

Haibike at LG - Copy.png

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Just got one and I absolutely love it..Now the YT is out it may have swayed my decision if it was today but I’m not gonna chop it in and I love the Brose motor.

I like the peace of mind having full dealer support gives me but that’s a personal choice and you do pay a premium for that..

Oblivious

Mar 11, 2019
USA

I was told by Chris at Berkshire Cycles that apart from some new colours the 2020 bikes will be the same as the 2019 models.

I mean, with all due respect, I feel like any bike salesman is going to say that! Georgie Leslie made and Instagram post teasing something “awesome” they where not allowed to talk about until September and you could just make out they where on Levos. I mean it’s all speculation but 2020 is a historical year bringing in a new decade. Personally I doubt the 2020 will be just new colors.

Oblivious

Mar 11, 2019
USA
I doubt it'll be more than a colour change. Probably with a rear fender and the new motor housing. They tend to have a 3 year cycle.

2018 to 2019 was a huge jump for the Levo and now 6 months later there are a lot more competitive bikes for Specialized to compete with. With the increasing popularity of ebikes I don’t think specialized is going to stop raising the bar for a while and it definitely does not feel like the market is in the right place for 3 year cycles. IMO.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

2018 to 2019 was a huge jump for the Levo and now 6 months later there are a lot more competitive bikes for Specialized to compete with. With the increasing popularity of ebikes I don’t think specialized is going to stop raising the bar for a while and it definitely does not feel like the market is in the right place for 3 year cycles. IMO.
The kenevo is due a refresh.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
you cant change the wheel size
That depends on which battery firmware version your 2019 Levo has. Early versions with v. 2.019 seem capable of implementing all BLEvo functions including resetting wheel circumference and thereby top speed. (BLEvo works fine on my '19 Levo with v 2.019.) With newer firmware, v. 2.025 and 2.026, most if not all BLEvo functions work except you can not overcome the speed restriction by changing wheel size... yet.

You can find a lot more info in this long but informative thread:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles