Local rides around Cheltenham

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Hi, I started mountain biking last summer at the ripe old age of 71, thanks to E-bikes. I've been to FOD and even the National Centre at Merthyr but I'm struggling to find good trails locally and I know they exist. I've pootled about on Cleeve Hill and Bredon Hill both of which are in sight of where I live but they are getting a little boring. I've seen videos of quite nice looking trails in the area but there are no clues as to where they actually are. I know about the downhills at Leckhampton Hill but they look a little hard core. Fast, flowy trails are what I'm looking for as shown on the vids. I would consider joining a local club but at 72 I'm a little self conscious about it and what with lock down it may be a bit pointless at the moment.

Al

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
It's closed an in any case not quite what I was looking for. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. I have been a couple of times. It's alright for me but in small doses I'm afraid. FOD is much more my bag style wise.

Al

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There’s a small selection of fun trails at the top of Fish Hill near Broadway. I’m happy to show you them some time.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Thanks for the offer but I was hoping for rides I could do without using the car. I've seen rides to Broadway from where I live but by the time I got there I wouldn't have enough left to do any technical trails :) If I need to use the car FOD is my preferred choice for the time being.

Al

Moose

Feb 19, 2018
Cheltenham Spa
Hey Joe.
I know the trails around Cheltenham very well. I live in Leckhampton and happy to take you out anytime that suits. Taking in any of the following from my doorstep. Leckhampton Hill, Birdlip, Buckholt Woods, Sheepscombe Woods, Lineover Woods, Chatcombe, Cleeve Hill, Andoversford, Winchombe, Lanley Hill etc etc. Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.
Ed

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Hey Joe.
I know the trails around Cheltenham very well. I live in Leckhampton and happy to take you out anytime that suits. Taking in any of the following from my doorstep. Leckhampton Hill, Birdlip, Buckholt Woods, Sheepscombe Woods, Lineover Woods, Chatcombe, Cleeve Hill, Andoversford, Winchombe, Lanley Hill etc etc. Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.
Ed
Let me know if you need another old git to make up the numbers ??

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Thank you for your very kind offer Ed. At this time I was just looking for information but I have PM'd you so that we can progress this at a later date.

Al

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles