Aug 9, 2019
Sheffield

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I love articles that have more fluff than a fat bird's belly button...

The new progress means that they have created "unprecedented" battery charge/discharge efficiency in a Lithium-Sulfur battery that could keep a smartphone charged for days or drive an electric vehicle for more than 1000km without recharging.

Totally meaningless claims without any battery specs being included.

Stick two batteries in a Tesla? Boom! 1000KM range.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Lithium sulphur has potential but as yet they can’t seem to solve the problem of rapid cathode degradation meaning the number of useable charge / discharge cycles is very low compared to Lithium Ion.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Lithium sulphur has potential but as yet they can’t seem to solve the problem of rapid cathode degradation meaning the number of useable charge / discharge cycles is very low compared to Lithium Ion.

That's not how I read the article, starting from the sentence which says:

"Until recently, the team working on the project were having major issues with the storage chamber for the sulfur electrodes failing after a small number of cycles."​

The rest of the article and the patent application seem to imply that the solution to this is the reason for the breakthrough.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
That's not how I read the article, starting from the sentence which says:

"Until recently, the team working on the project were having major issues with the storage chamber for the sulfur electrodes failing after a small number of cycles."​

The rest of the article and the patent application seem to imply that the solution to this is the reason for the breakthrough.

Fair point. I’ve just read through it more slowly this time ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles