Lightest Bike

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Ignoring the Lapierre Ezesty, which e-bike do you people think is the lightest?
Manufacturers seem to be shy of publishing weights.
I realise you'll say weight doesn't matter with e-bikes, but it does when you are lifting them in and out of an SUV or over gates and stiles, especially when you are of advancing years.

Last edited:

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I think at the moment it's the S Works Levo, 19.5kg with 500 wh battery or 20.7kg with 700 wh.
But to be honest there only seems to be a kilo difference between a lot of brands.

Piflipvtt

Jan 24, 2019
France
[QUOTE = "Paul Mac, poste: 65902, membre: 672"] Je pense qu’à l’heure actuelle, c’est le S Works Levo, 19,5 kg avec une batterie de 500 wh ou 20,7 kg avec de 700 wh.
Mais pour être honnête, il ne semble y avoir qu'une différence de kilo entre beaucoup de marques. [/ QUOTE]
Lapierre E Zesty, 18 kg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
[QUOTE = "Paul Mac, poste: 65902, membre: 672"] Je pense qu’à l’heure actuelle, c’est le S Works Levo, 19,5 kg avec une batterie de 500 wh ou 20,7 kg avec de 700 wh.
Mais pour être honnête, il ne semble y avoir qu'une différence de kilo entre beaucoup de marques. [/ QUOTE]
Lapierre E Zesty, 18 kg
Did you miss this, the opening sentence of the first post?
Ignoring the Lapierre Ezesty,
:p

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you go outside of EMTB's there are plenty of e-road bikes around 12kg with the fazua.

I have seen a couple of builds using the OEM frame that Wisper use that are sub 20kg, there's an American brand and a South African one using the same frame who are claiming 18.5kg with the e8000 motor and 500wh batttery. I dont know what the Wisper weighs.

Wildcat Carbon - Wisper Bikes

this is claimed to be 18.5kg in top spec, but very much a more XC orientated spec.

https://www.steinbach-bike.com/wilderkaiser

And then there is this Storck with Continental motor (which I believe is closely related to the Brose)and 630wh battery that they claim is 19.5kg

Storck E:Drenalin - 19.9kg Continental powered carbon EMTB - EMTB Forums

There are literally 100's of EMTB's out there now, and we really only scratch the surface of what is available on the Forum. Mainland Europe in particular has some very interesting bikes that we dont see here

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I was about to say focus Raven, I would of bought one if it was more trail focused instead of XC.
I had a traxxer hardtail with Steps that I got down to almost exactly 40Lbs using the lightest kit from my normal mtb’s, my Merida e120 is a much better bike to ride despite being a lot heavier.

have seen a couple of builds using the OEM frame that Wisper use that are sub 20kg, there's an American brand and a South African one using the same frame who are claiming 18.5kg with the e8000 motor and 500wh batttery. I dont know what the Wisper weighs.

Wildcat Carbon - Wisper Bikes
I’m interested, is the wildcat a catalog frame? To be fair I would say it’s much more ‘trail’ than the Raven, the base spec & high price put me off one.
Edit to say I thought you were talking about the wolf & not the wildcat hence the comparison.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I was about to say focus Raven, I would of bought one if it was more trail focused instead of XC.
I had a traxxer hardtail with Steps that I got down to almost exactly 40Lbs using the lightest kit from my normal mtb’s, my Merida e120 is a much better bike to ride despite being a lot heavier.

I’m interested, is the wildcat a catalog frame? To be fair I would say it’s much more ‘trail’ than the Raven, the base spec & high price put me off one.
Edit to say I thought you were talking about the wolf & not the wildcat hence the comparison.

I think the OP I interested in bikes with regular motors, not the Fazua - plenty of bikes that are very light with that motor.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Remove the battery, and throw it over the locked gate. Now pick up lighter bike and lift over gate. The same can be done for putting bike in back of suv.
You’re welcome

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
How’s that Raven going - you going to get an E-Zesty? Would have though right up your street.

Loving the raven, using it more than the Powerplay as it just suits the local terrain (South Downs): stupidly fast around here. tempted to put a 120mm fork on it and a dropper though. I would be all over the eZesty if it were not for the fact they are completely sold out of medium and large for 2019! Looking like at least October for the 2020 models now :(

Currently thinking about the Bulls Wild flow but I have a 120mm non electric bike already. Also lusting after the Tazer and Sight! Probably just keep the Powerplay for now and see what next year brings.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yup new models are coming thick and fast at the moment, and I cant help but think that by later in the year we will be seeing far more options - I have heard that Whyte are bringing out a Fazua power MTB, but I dont know if it is XC or trail focused.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
As is mine - they seemed to think a couple of bikes coming from them with the motor, definitely a Gravel bike, and they seem to think an MTB too - I have also heard that they will be bringing out a new range of Emtb's with the new Bosch system due to be released later this year, but am less sure on that rumour

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Thanks everyone, as I anticipated, Fazua is the way to go and Bulls seem to have the e-bike weight penalty particularly nailed.

Would just need to check if the motor power is sufficient (quite happy to carry a spare battery in my backpack to increase range) and convince myself that 10 grand is not an obscene and unjustifiable amount to pay for a bike,

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Bear in mind that the Bulls is more of an XC bike. What type of riding are you planning on doing?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Bear in mind that the Bulls is more of an XC bike. What type of riding are you planning on doing?

Definitely XC and this morning, after doing thirty odd miles and over 2000ft of climbing on my Scott Scale 910 hardtail (10.4kg with SPDs) whilst my Focus Jam 2 (22kg) is in the LBS with an electrical failure, I've rediscovered the delights of a super light bike.

I love my Jam 2, especially through the deep Peak District winter mud but a lighter weight Fazua powered e-bike, just for a bit of assistance on the longer climbs, might be my ideal bike.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
I coudn't agree more (let's face it I already have one! (Raven2)) I am really tempted to jump on the first Fazua powered full suss to be available which will probably be the Bulls but I am trying to wait gfor the right bike as well as the right motor. If Whyte do a Fazua mtb as rumored that may be perfect!

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Very quiet, compared to my previous shimano one. I would say it feels natural to the point that, in the lowst setting you actually wonder if it is on, until you turn it off. There is not a huge differece between the lowest and middle settings but if you want an e-bike that feels like a normal bike you will not find better at the moment.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
That's good to know, I'd like to think my fitness will improve over the next year or so, so the Fazua bikes look very tempting...

My Jam2 is currently back at bike shop with a suspension/frame issue so I've been riding my Levo HT more, I definitely prefer the quieter motors and the HT only has 50Nm and it isn't really an issue, the gearing is though.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Very quiet, compared to my previous shimano one. I would say it feels natural to the point that, in the lowst setting you actually wonder if it is on, until you turn it off. There is not a huge differece between the lowest and middle settings but if you want an e-bike that feels like a normal bike you will not find better at the moment.

Any idea how much your Raven weighs Ryder?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles