Levo's maiden voyage @ Swinley!

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Hi all (sorry ANOTHER Levo owner :p)

Finally took the new Levo out for it's first proper outing today, perfect summer conditions and an ideal opportunity for me after hammering around Swinley on Tuesday for 2 hours on the "analogue" hardtail (still love it though). I was feeling pretty beaten up and tired, so time to roll out my new guilty pleasure! Such a great handling bike, reminded me of my old Camber 29er in many respects, felt right at home on it. Rode the first 40 mins in ECO mode which felt pretty good to be fair and then had a play with TRAIL and then sessioned some off-piste steep climbs and descents I'd not done for ages using a mix of TRAIL and TURBO, took me back 20 years when I was 4 stone lighter and used to race XC, utterly fantastic! Total ride just under 1hr 45 mins, but if I'd had the time, felt fresh enough to go on for double that, and the battery was as 57%, so will have to get there earlier next time. This is WHY I got an Ebike :)

A few photos attached, it's a nearly stock bike, just stuck my preferred grips and pedals on, not tampered with any motor settings so standard ECO at 20% e.t.c. To be honest, I felt fine with these. Only addition has been the Amygos Levo-customised motor and stays protection, ordered from Antoine in France, which are really nice bits of kit. Kudos to Tori for her Youtube video showing these, which influenced my purchase, highly recommended.

Cheers!

Steve.

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've gone the other way, especially after my 18 mile boost blast a couple of weeks ago!

Hinett

Mar 24, 2018
Derbyshire

Finally took the new Levo out for it's first proper outing today, perfect summer conditions and an ideal opportunity for me after hammering around Swinley on Tuesday for 2 hours on the "analogue" hardtail (still love it though). I was feeling pretty beaten up and tired, so time to roll out my new guilty pleasure! Such a great handling bike, reminded me of my old Camber 29er in many respects, felt right at home on it. Rode the first 40 mins in ECO mode which felt pretty good to be fair and then had a play with TRAIL and then sessioned some off-piste steep climbs and descents I'd not done for ages using a mix of TRAIL and TURBO, took me back 20 years when I was 4 stone lighter and used to race XC, utterly fantastic! Total ride just under 1hr 45 mins, but if I'd had the time, felt fresh enough to go on for double that, and the battery was as 57%, so will have to get there earlier next time. This is WHY I got an Ebike :)

A few photos attached, it's a nearly stock bike, just stuck my preferred grips and pedals on, not tampered with any motor settings so standard ECO at 20% e.t.c. To be honest, I felt fine with these. Only addition has been the Amygos Levo-customised motor and stays protection, ordered from Antoine in France, which are really nice bits of kit. Kudos to Tori for her Youtube video showing these, which influenced my purchase, highly recommended.

Cheers!

Steve.

View attachment 2453

View attachment 2454

View attachment 2455

View attachment 2456

View attachment 2457

View attachment 2458
The more I see the silver fade colour way in real photos not the image online the more I like it

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Thanks guys, just love the flexibility this now gives me, if I am short of time, I can crank up the assistance to get more ground covered, but if I have more time available I can get a decent workout in Eco for as long as I feel comfortable and then turn up the wick when I need it, perfect. This is going to come into it's own for multi-day trips to Wales/Scotland later in the year, I'm normally whacked out after a couple of days with all the climbing involved, which affects my descending, concentration levels gone when too tired.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia

Cheers!

Steve.

View attachment 2453

View attachment 2454

View attachment 2455

View attachment 2456

View attachment 2457

View attachment 2458
Great photos :) Yep, the Amygos protection is top notch, and I ride through rock-gardens without a care in the world now. Super solid piece of kit.

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
I've had a couple more longer rides since my last report (up on the EMTBForums Strava group) and very happy to report I'm having a great time with this bike, giving me so much confidence to tackle climbs I've not done for a while due to lack of fitness (I blame the wife having kids ;)). Feel like I'm 20 years younger, loving my biking again!

In terms of mods, still running out of the box fresh, no mods to spec or motor, I'm 17stone and a big unit, factory settings all seem fine to me. If there is more to be gleaned at some point, looking forward to it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles