Levo with bike trailer?

Scotty1861

Jun 23, 2018
Basildon, Essex
Hi guys I've recently bought a 2020 levo which i'm loving, but i am unable to attach my halfords bike trailer to tow my little boy as the rear quick release can't tighten with the trailer hitch in place. I've tried searching for alternative hitches but couldn't find any. Does anyone have any ideas how i can attach my trailer? Thanks.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Is your standard axle the one with the lever bolted solidly to it with an allen bolt down the centre? If so might it be possible to undo the allen bolt, remove the lever and slide the trailer hitch on before putting a large washer and then the bolt back in.

Only issue with this would be that you would probably have to carry an allen key and the original lever part with you incase of puncture / need to remove the back wheel.

I used to tow a trailer with kids on my old (non electric full sus mountain bike). You need to be aware that when towing a trailer with a full suspension bike is that the bearings in the rear triangle wear more quickly due to the increased forces on them. Check the bolts frequently for tightness and check the bearings for play.

Aug 3, 2018
St agnes cornwall
Hi. I have just bought a trailer from halfords and noticed when I got it home it will need a different rear bolt through axle. I found a ut vid showing a bolt axle with an attachment for trailers.
Not sure what size axle I need though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles