Levo Gen 2 Levo, Turbo Studio + diganostics

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
My Levo is in for repair
Dealer hooked it up to Turbo Studio and was suggested new motor and motor to TCU cable
Fitted
On test ride - fault still remains - no power after a few yards and TCU top bar is red, third bar down is blue. I suspect TCU is at fault due to water ingress (known common problem and very wet winter here), it can’t be turned off, it just comes back on again. I have to disconnect the battery to get it to stay off.
No fault in the Turbo Studio software reported.
I wonder if the diagnostic software is part of the problem... I don’t understand how such software can cover all eventualities of possible fail modes?
Specialized have been very responsive to their credt, but some of the diagnosis tools are clearly not quite comprehensive.
any thoughts or intel?

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
I had a number of faults.
Motor drag / friction, presumably water ingress - new motor supplied
Would not power on - this was resolved when installing new motor with new cable from motor to TCU
When charged it would power up and the only way to turn it off was to disconnect the charge port. New battery/motor cable sorted that.

Once these where resolved the Turbo Studio dealer software could not identify a speed sensor issue, so I report it here for reference:

When it was on, motor support would get you up to speed only to error out (TCU flashing top bar red third bar down blue) when you stopped pedalling and my Garmin reported E144 error. This was resolved with a new speed sensor cable - it had a hairline crack in the connector.

Took a while to get resolved, but Specialized where very responsive each time faults were diagnosed and had parts to me within two days each time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles