Levo Gen 2 Levo to Kenevo Questions

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
Hi everyone - new eMTB rider here and just bought my first bike. I wanted a Kenevo but all of the specialized shops say that they cannot even order them right now. They told me maybe a year or two : ( I also could not find one used. So the Levo is my only choice but I want to set up for more rowdy jumps and terrain.

I got a decent set of 27.5 wheels that I want to put on with about 2.5" tires. I have a brand new 29er 170mm float 36 fork but I might want to put a 180mm float 38. My real goal is to get the HA to about 64°. I did some quick photoshop work and other than the seat tube it looks pretty spot on. Also I have a 2021 that came with 160mm fox rhythm. So my question is, anyone know how to calculate the HA and BB height with 170mm 29er vs 180mm 27.5?

Fox 38 27.5 ATC 555.7mm / 29 ATC 573.7mm
17mm longer in 29er

Does anyone have a similar set up that know the measurements?

thx!

levo_to_kenevo_A.jpg

levo_to_kenevo_B.jpg

Last edited:

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
You can get the cascade component link and upgrade the shock to 210 x 55. I believe that’ll get you just slightly more than 160mm of travel. I wish someone made an angle set, but to my knowledge no one does.

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@Rekt i could still wait and sell this bike. It has like 2 miles on it and still stock while I figure out what to do. I would love a new kenevo or a new enduro based model but not if it’s an SL. I think that a Levo with smaller wheels 160/170 would be pretty perfect. More playful than the current kenevo (from what I hear) but still pretty capable of rowdy descents and jumps.

i think that the warranty issue is pretty bogus. The frames are almost identical except for the seat tube angle And the top tube is straight vs bent. I think a dual crown could potentially crack the frame but any single crown will snap before the frame. Also you could just swap back to stock forks before any warranty claim.

if I could use a true dual crown kenevo at a bike park and on local trails I would absolutely just sell my DH bike but I’m not sure where ebikes are allowed right now. Can I take it to Whistler or Northstar?

@mtbbiker yeah I am looking into a cascade link for sure. My favorite trail bike so far was a 2013 swords enduro with 165/180 float 36. fast bike and pretty amazing on rowdy terrain.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
You can get the cascade component link and upgrade the shock to 210 x 55. I believe that’ll get you just slightly more than 160mm of travel. I wish someone made an angle set, but to my knowledge no one does.
9point8 is going to make a slack r for these headsets soon. I think spring time or so

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@jcmonty That would be cool for sure!

@Rekt I stopped by the local spesh shop to harass them about the Kenevo and rumored Levo and of course they don't know anything. They also said that if something is announced in March it wont even be available until fall. I don't think I will wait - just throw a 38 on the Levo and send it haha

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@Rekt He did say that Loam Wolf was up in Hood River with specialized testing something but he didn't know what it was. I do think its a 100% more likely an updated Levo and not a new Kenevo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles