Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL peak power and support settings

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
So after figuring out what they finally mean. Just wondering if anyone here has played around with the settings to find tune your ride? I find that I’m constantly out spinning the motor. Not sure what cadence the motor disengages at. If you have experimented put what you have found to be a good mix of settings

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Surprised you can out spin the motor? I experimented on the demo bike in turbo on a really long climb (not massively steep but one I would be at my limit by half way up) and I was real impressed how I could pedal as fast as I could and still getting good power from the motor.
my settings were eco 35/40. Trail 60/70 and Turbo 100/100.
power being the first number I quoted.
managed 26 miles and almost 3000ft climbing and still had 33% battery left.
hoping to pick my SL up tomorrow so pretty excited ?

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
Surprised you can out spin the motor? I experimented on the demo bike in turbo on a really long climb (not massively steep but one I would be at my limit by half way up) and I was real impressed how I could pedal as fast as I could and still getting good power from the motor.
I think my normal riding style is a high cadence. I did a ride yesterday which was only 20 miles. But it was 4500ft of climbing in 2.5 hours. The place I ride is steep. LOL. You will love your SL. I’ve had it on 2 big rides so far. I have the expert model. The only gripe is the damn SRAM G2 brake pads rattling in the caliper on rough downhills

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I specked mine with Shimano SLX brakes and drive train. Didn’t like the SRAM stuff at all. I’ve gone for a comp carbon in black.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I’d always run peak power at 100% as there’s not massive amounts of power available, why limit it further my reducing peak power plus it’s not like these bikes are short on battery range.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I’d always run peak power at 100% as there’s not massive amounts of power available, why limit it further my reducing peak power plus it’s not like these bikes are short on battery range.
If you want more exercise reduce the assistance levels if you want less fun or a longer range then reduce the peak power levels!

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
i tried eco at 100/30 (30 support) but it just felt too easy. I like to have the option of taking it easy or having a work out, or mixing it up on one ride. Those setting felt perfect for me but when I’ve had more time on one I’ll try 100/30 again.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
i tried eco at 100/30 (30 support) but it just felt too easy. I like to have the option of taking it easy or having a work out, or mixing it up on one ride. Those setting felt perfect for me but when I’ve had more time on one I’ll try 100/30 again.
I run 15/100 30/100 and 60/100 on my Levo. I’d suggest 20/100 40/100 and 80/100 on the SL given lower power. (Support/peak power)

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I run 15/100 30/100 and 60/100 on my Levo. I’d suggest 20/100 40/100 and 80/100 on the SL given lower power. (Support/peak power)
Interesting, ill experiment more when bike arrives..
thinking about it now though, would you ever get the 250 watts from the motor with only 15% support?

Last edited:

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Took me a while to get the two % numbers sorted in my head, but now my standard setting on the Levo is 20/40, 40/70 and 60/100. If i'm looking for more range I tune down to 15/30, 35/60 and 55/100 .

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
For my type of rides they are a little short on battery power. I’d like to hit 10K of climbing by maybe carrying 2 extenders and 1 on the bike. All day epic rides on the weekend is what I love doing

MarkR

Mar 12, 2020
UK
So after figuring out what they finally mean. Just wondering if anyone here has played around with the settings to find tune your ride? I find that I’m constantly out spinning the motor. Not sure what cadence the motor disengages at. If you have experimented put what you have found to be a good mix of settings
I would give this a read ??
Levo SL Owners Thread - EMTB Forums

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I specked mine with Shimano SLX brakes and drive train. Didn’t like the SRAM stuff at all. I’ve gone for a comp carbon in black.

i don't like the sramm xx1 shifter or the rest of the drivetrain much. Did you switch to slx deralieur , shifter and cassette? I was thinking of this . I read the shimano hyperglide chain really helps but will only work with hyperglide chainring and of course there is none in the sram 94 bcd spider. So even with a normal 12 speed chain it's better than sram?

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Hi @paquo . I had a derailleur and shifter fitted but unfortunately the standard free hub cant be changed for the Shimano one so ive had to stick with the SRAM cassette and chain. Not had any issues though and done over 600 miles. The shift would be improved I’m sure with a full SLX set up but the cost of a new wheel means I’ll have to wait.

MarkR

Mar 12, 2020
UK
i don't like the sramm xx1 shifter or the rest of the drivetrain much. Did you switch to slx deralieur , shifter and cassette? I was thinking of this . I read the shimano hyperglide chain really helps but will only work with hyperglide chainring and of course there is none in the sram 94 bcd spider. So even with a normal 12 speed chain it's better than sram?
I think you can use the existing cassette/chain with an SLX shifter and derailleur - get some wear out of it as there is no resale value for those parts.

Lasse

May 22, 2020
Norway
Interesting, ill experiment more when bike arrives..
thinking about it now though, would you ever get the 250 watts from the motor with only 15% support?
Hi...I changed settings in this spreadsheet to comply with Levo SL engine...
It is seldom I set Peak Power lower than 100%...perhaps if I ride with others that got push-bikes...thats it.

Attachments

• Mission Control SL1.1.pdf
    301.5 KB · Views: 725

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles