Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL gear lash noise

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Hi guys, I am new here. Ive been watching from a far while riding my 2020 Levo SL Carbon Comp.

My bike seems to be fine, but I noticed the chainring seems to have quite a bit of noise in it while going through the rough stuff without pedaling. I just swapped out the Guide Rs for some Magura MT5 that I had laying around (let’s see how much trouble they give me this time around), and I am still hearing a lot of noise out of the rear end in the rough stuff. Today I was bouncing the bike up and down and I think its coming from the gear lash when the chain bounces up and down and inevitably moves the chain ring back and forth a bit. Has anyone else noticed this? It’s quite loud when riding the trails I ride which are very technical with lots of limestone (pretty much non stop rock gardens).

The bike has been incredible. I hope to get a Lyrik Ultimate soon and swap the wheels out and go XT drive train. Planning on giving LB wheels a try since it doesnt seem like you can get anything near that weight for the price. I have broken Enves in the past, so I am a little skeptical about carbon rims. I might end up doing a rear shock too, but those are the first three things I want to take care of. I ride very fast, weigh 215 lbs, and I honestly haven’t felt the 34 is undergunned. Unfortunately I am under contract for a home that is being built, so I dont want to spend any of my funds until that closes.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
The noise is normal, its just backlash in the gears, as long as you have no more than 2mm sideways play on the crank arm your good.

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Thanks for the reply. I wasnt too worried about it, just wondered if others were noticing it. Its pretty noticeable while riding. I was hoping it was the brake pads in the Guide Rs, but now that I have the MT5s mounted I realized it was just part of the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles