Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL Battery Cage

johnf0246

Jan 22, 2021
Sedona, Arizona
My wife’s Levo SL battery cage has broken due to putting the extender battery in. I was wondering if anyone has a better choice for a bottle cage than the stock cage?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
How did the extender break the cage? I run the stock cage and have ridden enduro/ DH trails without a problem. Have you made sure its in properly as it has a groove in it to sort of lock the battery in.

johnf0246

Jan 22, 2021
Sedona, Arizona
How did the extender break the cage? I run the stock cage and have ridden enduro/ DH trails without a problem. Have you made sure its in properly as it has a groove in it to sort of lock the battery in.

Christian: The cage broke while inserting the extender battery into the cage. It’s impossible to plug the extender battery cord in the EBike charger plug unless the battery is locked into place. If I end up buying a new one of the same type, it’s good to hear you have never had a problem with yours. It seemed like the cage was manufactured with cheap brittle plastic.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
You may have been unlucky and just had a dodgy one. I wouldn’t say I have been gentle with mine and no problems at all.
Good luck with what ever you decide to do

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles