Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Thanks for confirming, I had the same confirmed this morning by concept store but placed the order anyway as I'm quite happy with the black 👍🏻

Now just need to confirm that it comes with the range extender... but its supposed to be arriving tomorrow so I'll know soon enough!
Awesome - hopefully you get it tomorrow and can let us know. I've been told it comes with a range extender - but I think that's based on the fact that the previous S-Works framesets have come with it.

Black is fine to be honest... as I like a subdued colour. As my current LSL is black, I had hoped it was going to be the white one - and then I saw the photos of the silver one and thought that was my favourite!

I guess my question now is what are the photos of the silver frameset for if there's not one?
It did seem a bit odd to make a new colour purely for the frameset though - as they've always been the colour of the retail S-Works bike.

Reactions: RAG

RAG

Mar 16, 2021
UK
The next big test is how the bike performs as a 29er. As soon as I can get a new set of Roval Traverse carbon wheels I’ll be sure to try it out.

I'll be building my frameset as a 29er as I have a set of Traverse SL's on the donor bike, I'm thinking this will be a better fit for an S5 and me at 6'2" with the longer chainstay.

RAG

Mar 16, 2021
UK
Awesome - hopefully you get it tomorrow and can let us know. I've been told it comes with a range extender - but I think that's based on the fact that the previous S-Works framesets have come with it.

Black is fine to be honest... as I like a subdued colour. As my current LSL is black, I had hoped it was going to be the white one - and then I saw the photos of the silver one and thought that was my favourite!

I guess my question now is what are the photos of the silver frameset for if there's not one?
It did seem a bit odd to make a new colour purely for the frameset though - as they've always been the colour of the retail S-Works bike.
I'm with you on the white, that looks like the best colour combo to me, but equally don't mind the fact the Black is a little bit understated.

Fingers crossed on the range extender, I'll let you know as soon as I get my hands on it 👍🏻

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The same image as was on the Specialized Australia website, Leisure Lake Bicycles, and the Specialized Concept store...
They've all removed it... and Leisure Lake are saying it's because they were sent the wrong image.

I guess no one will know until they have one in front of them... but I have a strong suspicion that they'll all be black, and there will only be 1 frame only colour. I hope i'm wrong though!!

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I already expect this bike to be resold "almost new" just as often as the last one :- ). It's ultimately the same bike just with additional boost potential. Use the upped power on all levels and it goes haywire..
It's still ultimately a bike for people who never ask a question if it has enough power.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
This dust grey color is amazing 🤩. Definitely it should be the sworks color !
Its the colour I actually want... and I still can't understand why they'd release photos of a frame they're not selling.
It'll maybe be the 2024 colour scheme?!

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
And the blue Comp? Where is the blue Comp? :unsure:

C51B0AF8-1BD1-41D3-9ED2-0AE487CB982C.jpeg

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I'm starting to wonder if I can get the geo of the new Levo SL where I want it running it as a 29er, in the high position and also in the slackest hta position.

I like longer CSs, I like slack bikes, I like taller BB's. Basically, I like Pole's geo!

Randeken

May 9, 2023
Karlsruhe, Germany
I saw this color on the documents sent to my dealer a few days before the official publication: it is indeed a Comp. Maybe Spe finally decided to keep it for the future Expert model, if there is one?
I hope there will be one, at least it is mentioned in the handbook e.g. on the last page (as said previous pages earlier, and it really is). I hope there will be an Expert, same components like in Gen1 and this nice blue. Fox Rhythm together with glossy salmon or UPS poo is just awful.

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
The UPS poo brown isn’t that bad. I could definitely live with it. I hate the Salmon color of my bike. At least it stands out! Unfortunately, that’s it for colors for several months if you don’t want to buy an Sworks. It’s going to be a minute before the other models are available. If it was available now I would have ponies up for the Pro. My understanding is that it won’t be available here in the States until fall.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
It seems that with a 29" rear wheel, the long chainstay position, the high BB setting & slack HTA I could get the S5 Levo pretty close to (focusing on the important geo numbers):

Reach 497mm
BB Drop -22mm
CS 443mm
HTA 63.9mm
STA 76.8mm

By my math, spec for spec, the Levo SL Would be 4# lighter than the same spec Relay.

Also quite important to me is that it's likely I could still run a 200mm dropper on the Levo SL, whereas on the Relay it looks like I'd be quite limited by the taller seat tube length. The irony of course is that without a long dropper on the Relay, what do I need the mullet rear wheel for anyways?

Anyone with a new Levo SL S5 that would be so kind as to measure the max seat post insertion depth?

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I was very excited to try a Mullet bike again (I experimented on my pedal bike and dug it), and even built a nice rear wheel for the occasion.

But not at the expense of 11mm of CS length. If I could combine the long CS length with the 27.5" wheel I would. But running it in the 29" long CS position with 27.5" wheel would make the Levo SL very low and very slack.

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
I'm very excited on any opinion of 29/29 setup. Sounds like the best option for me too. Just ordered the old alloy Levo, but could see myself switching to the new one if it rides similar without mullet.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The UPS poo brown isn’t that bad. I could definitely live with it. I hate the Salmon color of my bike. At least it stands out! Unfortunately, that’s it for colors for several months if you don’t want to buy an Sworks. It’s going to be a minute before the other models are available. If it was available now I would have ponies up for the Pro. My understanding is that it won’t be available here in the States until fall.
My store apparently have a few Pro’s on the way to them just now. Will probably be here this week. They must be available in the UK now.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
As a guy who owns the new SL I want to say that while I love the bike it does have some shortcomings. I agree with Suns_psd, the bike is most definitely a solid trail bike. It’s not the best climber and on the really steep chunky stuff I’d rather be on my gen3 Levo. Also, battery range with the the power turned all the way up is terrible. I bought the bike knowing that I’d need to use battery extenders which I have 2 of. Again, I love the bike but if I could only have 1 ebike the new SL wouldn’t be it. If you’re a trail rider and you’re already in good shape but want to try an ebike the SL is for you. The suspension is absolutely next level but it’s definitely not a do it all kinda bike. The new motor is very quiet. If anyone is concerned about noise- don’t be.

I just wanted to add some honest feedback that’s not all positive as a guy who owns several e-bikes. There’s no perfect bike. So, when you see the professional reviews take some of what they say with a grain of salt. This new bike really is next level but, depending on how you look at it, Specialized had to make some compromises….or they went all in on building the ultimate trail bike while leaving plenty of space for the KSL.

The next big test is how the bike performs as a 29er. As soon as I can get a new set of Roval Traverse carbon wheels I’ll be sure to try it out.

I hate the Blaze color. WTF Specialized? I wanted the bike bad enough that I took what I could get but I might take the hit and buy a different color when they are available again

Thanks for writing this up. Sounds a great bike with hopefully some personal tweaks to make it right.
Im pretty sure I’d want it 29. Most mullets are just a work around for me, not the ideal design scenario. Some will love the mullet though(possibly me) but time will tell.
I rarely put my current SL in Turbo so the power isn’t a massive issue for me but will be nice on those bigger days with the RE.
Im
More interested in the suspension, geo changes and handling.
Great to hear the new motor is very quiet.
One day we’ll have a super light, full powered E-bike and an even lighter SL. We’ll also get to completely silent motors too. A few years away though!

Bluedirtz

May 6, 2023
PNW Dirt
2nd ride report:

I did 23 miles and covered 4180 of elevation. I'm 170 lbs with gear. I had 7% battery left when I got back to the truck. 60/80 for ECO and 80/100 Trail.

I was using eco and trail, but mostly on trail. This is the mullet set-up. I am very impressed with how the suspension was designed and on-trail feel. I was hitting and clearing gaps I haven't fully done on my Rise (weird, I know).

I am still playing with the Mastermind app and getting myself familiarize with this as I never owned a Specialized before. I will have a better grasp of the support and power of this bike and would provide more info. That said, it can go quite a distance and I was tired after the ride as I have to *work* a little extra compared to my Rise.

I can probably buy another RE and go trail mode the entire time for a much longer and faster climbs. We shall see...

On a side note, having tried the Fuel ExE, I prefer this new SL and glad I waited as I was getting ready to pull the trigger.

Go get one! :)

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If anyone is interested, Invisiframe now have a kit for the '23 SL. I've just ordered one in preparation for my frame arriving!!

Losiak

May 26, 2022
Szczecin
2nd ride report:

I did 23 miles and covered 4180 of elevation. I'm 170 lbs with gear. I had 7% battery left when I got back to the truck. 60/80 for ECO and 80/100 Trail.

I was using eco and trail, but mostly on trail. This is the mullet set-up. I am very impressed with how the suspension was designed and on-trail feel. I was hitting and clearing gaps I haven't fully done on my Rise (weird, I know).

I am still playing with the Mastermind app and getting myself familiarize with this as I never owned a Specialized before. I will have a better grasp of the support and power of this bike and would provide more info. That said, it can go quite a distance and I was tired after the ride as I have to *work* a little extra compared to my Rise.

I can probably buy another RE and go trail mode the entire time for a much longer and faster climbs. We shall see...

On a side note, having tried the Fuel ExE, I prefer this new SL and glad I waited as I was getting ready to pull the trigger.

Go get one! :)

View attachment 114186 View attachment 114187 View attachment 114188
80/100 is almost Turbo :) not Trail :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles