Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
BH wrongly communicated specs, purposely or not…
Best built is in fact 18.7kg. So it’s more 19kg than 16kg… However this bike seems promising.

For Spesh, I wonder if they would really bury the SL range so fast… I want evidence ;)
Compared to my eMTB, 19Kg (42lbs) with a 540Wh battery and 150mm travel is still lite for an eMTB:)

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Compared to my eMTB, 19Kg (42lbs) with a 540Wh battery and 150mm travel is still lite for an eMTB:)
Same weight as the Rise Hydro with carbon wheels & same range or the carbon with range extender, BH not that popular in U.K.!

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I am quite sure the figures speak for them selves, the SL are not selling so they need to come up with something else.

Harold

Oct 30, 2020
Brussels
I am quite sure the figures speak for them selves, the SL are not selling so they need to come up with something else.

You have actually a view on these figures, worldwide? I doubt! ;)
Sure SL is more of a niche bike than traditional full fat, and do not sell out as quickly.
However saying they do not sell is more than misleading.

Spesh bikes usually follow a 3 years lifecycle, so the SL will get an update by end 22, Independent of what sales figures are.

JSQ

Jan 28, 2020
Finland
When you work at a Specialized dealership and have access to Spec dealer site you get a good indication of how good or bad a product is selling. Unfortunately the SL is not selling :(

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
You have actually a view on these figures, worldwide? I doubt! ;)
Local dealer has had absolutely zero gen 3 levos on the sales floor for months. There are 2-3 KSLs in inventory. Meanwhile, at the very back of the dealership is a fleet (10-15? Something like that) of Levo SLs stacked tightly together side by side. I don't think you need omniscience or an inside track to catch that supply/demand is a bit sideways between the Levo and Levo SL.

EMTBNewbie

Jun 14, 2021
California
I thought it was wierd too, when I was in the market for my turbo levo, was on a wait list multiple shops. But every shop I went to had several SL’s sitting on the sales floor for who knows how long.

EMTBNewbie

Jun 14, 2021
California
Everyone I spoke to mentioned the lack of want was specifically because the lack of power. Heck, can’t count how many locals put up ads selling theirs due to the power complaint and offering to trade their SL for a turbo model. Most people I think want an ebike to take the stress of uphills away, the SL’s don’t do a ton with that.

Harold

Oct 30, 2020
Brussels
Local dealer has had absolutely zero gen 3 levos on the sales floor for months. There are 2-3 KSLs in inventory. Meanwhile, at the very back of the dealership is a fleet (10-15? Something like that) of Levo SLs stacked tightly together side by side. I don't think you need omniscience or an inside track to catch that supply/demand is a bit sideways between the Levo and Levo SL.

Comparing stock availability of a freshly introduced bike (gen 3 levo), marketed in the middle of a pandemic and worldwide supply chain disruption with a bike on the market for 2 years (SL), is a bit unfair.
I don't think you need omniscience ;) to get that a fresh model generates more demand which combined with a poor supply capability results in a low stock availability. Conversely the "new" factor of the SL faded sometime ago.

To clarify, I never said Levo and Levo SL sales are comparable or even should be compared. Of course they differ, and I'm pretty sure Spe never expected to sale as much SL as Levo. Potentially they over estimated the demand though, and as such figures are disappointing. That I can agree.
My point was just that saying SL do NOT sell, was exaggerated and kinda dramatic. Semantics matters my friends ;)

Last edited:

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
The motor on the new Levo SL I saw the Spesh boys shock testing in Santa Cruz ~looked~ (and sounded, unfortunately) the same as the current motor.

My gut is that the KSL was planned to have the upgraded motor but it just wasn’t ready in time. That would mean the frame is probably already setup for the new motor / battery if we want to upgrade.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Sure, and that is why Specialized website shows only L and XL in Comp, *none* in Comp Carbon, etc...

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
WOW this is HUGE
a name switch.
This sounds like a tv reality show
a new twist
guess what only an extra 2,000$
THIS IS THE BEST DEAL EVER

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
The motor on the new Levo SL I saw the Spesh boys shock testing in Santa Cruz ~looked~ (and sounded, unfortunately) the same as the current motor.

My gut is that the KSL was planned to have the upgraded motor but it just wasn’t ready in time. That would mean the frame is probably already setup for the new motor / battery if we want to upgrade.
That's a lot of speculation

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
In my opinion, Levo SL doesn't sell so good because it is still in the old geo. Not because of the engine.
Mahle's engine seems to be durable.

That´s exactly what I think, too. I would never buy the actual Levo SL. Reason: the outmoded geometry. Let´s be honest: the geometry of the Levo SL was already outmoded shortly after it´s presentation. I´m pretty sure that nearly everybody who´s interested in a new light trail bike with a motor from Specialized is hoping that the new Levo SL will have at least the geometry of the new Stumpjumper, if not even the geo of the Stumpjumper EVO. I also think that the arrival of the new Kenevo SL has had negative impact on the sales figures of the Levo SL.

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany

You have already seen the new Levo SL? Let´s here more about the look of it, please!

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
You have already seen the new Levo SL? Let´s here more about the look of it, please!
Friend of a friend who works at Spesh was riding it in Santa Cruz. We did a lap “together” before he told us it was the new Levo SL. He was way faster (go figure) so didn’t see much more than the rear end. It was white a d sounded like my bike (KSL). Wish I had more for ya!

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
On US specialized website they are now discounting all of the Levo SL. Not in the UK yet be we always get robbed over here.

9F668A76-FF2A-41A7-A9B7-67FF98DF0539.png

063D865B-624E-4965-873D-B3FD30806B58.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles