Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 1.1 switching off

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Has anybody had this issue with their Levo or Levo SL? This started in September, when my Levo SL motor would suddenly switch off in the middle of a ride. Then there were many rides where I wouldn't have any problem with it, and on other days – like today – it refuses work from the start. Will go to see my lbs asap, but maybe somebody has had it happen to their bike and knows the solution?
See my 10 second video clip demonstrating the issue:
At least my short lunch break rideout in the sun wasn't disturbed by anything but the sound of the tyres (and some birds). 😉

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
No, I haven't had that issue.
I do get the odd occasion where I will turn it on, and it turns itself off again, so I have to push the on button for the second time.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
So the bike is with my lbs now and they're going to contact Specialized about it. Will keep you updated on the resolution (and hopefully also the cause of the failure). It's the second motor and has already run 5.000 km btw.

Johnathan

Oct 4, 2019
Skipton uk
Mine would sometimes not switch on, turned out to be the TCU. When it wouldnt turn on I had to take the TCU out, diconnect then re-connect the two leads and it woulkd work again, for a while! New TCU sorted it.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
So end of my story (hopefully): LBS installed a new TCU and "deleted a few torque sensor error messages" in the motor. I'm happy to have my Levo back and had no issues so far on my first 30 km ride last weekend.
TCU quality doesn't seem on par with the rest of the bike. 😀

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles