Levo Gen 3 Levo not charging suddenly

Santa

Oct 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Hello, After a short uneventful ride followed by a quick bike wash, my Levo will not charge. I plug the charger in the port and the light on the charger stays green. I left it plugged in all night nonetheless and this morning, nope, the battery hasn't charged at all. ANy idea what can be done?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
have you checked the obvious stuff like for pieces of metal stuck to the magnet on the charger lead etc.. it doesnt take much I can tell ya.. do the same at the battery terminals, i usually run a cotton bud around every thing to see if it moves any crap etc.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
have you checked the obvious stuff like for pieces of metal stuck to the magnet on the charger lead etc.. it doesnt take much I can tell ya.. do the same at the battery terminals, i usually run a cotton bud around every thing to see if it moves any crap etc.

It's amazing the plug doesn't come with a plastic protective cap to cover it.

I was walking past my car to charge my bike and the plug stuck to the car door. LOL

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia

This, plus any moisture in the charger port will also stop charging. Wipe it out with a clean dry cloth.

Gordon

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
I have a Kenevo SL and had the same problem with the green light not going to red and charging the bike. This generally followed a bike wash. The bike would not turn on either.
The work round was to disconnect the TCU and reconnect it. Then all worked fine until the next time. It was only fixed with a new harness in the end.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles