Levo MY16 Motor swap questions

Joeri

May 13, 2018
Almere-stad, the netherlands
My specialized (2016) had the C161 engine. this one unfortunately failed because there was play on the bearings. The bicycle shop has now installed a new engine under warranty. C911 with 5.4 firmware (see photo). Now I think the old (C161) engine has more power and certainly more stable in the power supply. Is there a big difference between the C161 engine and the C911 engine.
My battery has 4.17.1 firmware. is a newer update for this so that everything runs better.
kind regards.

IMG_1356.PNG IMG_1356 (1).PNG

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
I have both motors. There is no perceivable difference in power. It is all in the settings. Newer firmware is more efficient and I believe has more protections to keep from overheating. This makes the motor last longer. The very first Levos ran like a bat out of hell until you updated the firmware. I really don't mind since the early firmware was very hard on the drive train. I'd rather have less chain breaks and free hub/cassette problems plus longer life. I've seen posts from people that like the original but I am all about the range.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles